Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#337941 - 05/19/09 12:56 PM Can someone please translate this for me?
shuffles Offline
Does this mean that we will have to do something if we use mail servers other than btl.net?

Customer Notice

Email Server Upgrade

Telemedia advises email customers that the company is presently in the process of upgrading its btl.net email servers. This will provide many benefits, which include a reduction in spam mails received and improvement in the overall quality of service provided to email customers.

Works have begun and will be ongoing through to Sunday 24th, May, 2009. It is anticipated that the majority of customers will not encounter any problems. However, there may be a few instances where technical difficulties do occur:

* Some users may find that their connection to one or more of the servers fails. In that event, the customer should wait 15 minutes, restart their software, and see if the issue goes away.

* Users with unusual or non-standard configurations could find themselves with limited access or no access to email. The most common cause of this would be if the user accesses BTL's SMTP, POP3, or IMAP4 servers by IP address. These customers are advised to replace the IP address they are presently using with the fully qualified domain name (FQDN). The following are the FQDN for all mail server configuration SMTP FQDN is smtp.btl.net, POP3 FQDN is pop.btl.net and IMAP4 is imap.btl.net.

If a customer is unable to resolve these issues on their own they are encouraged to contact Internet Support at 0-800-CALL-BTL for assistance.

Telemedia apologizes for any inconvenience caused but this upgrade is necessary in order to better serve you.

Change your Latitude

#337942 - 05/19/09 12:58 PM Re: Can someone please translate this for me? [Re: shuffles]
SimonB Offline
No, only if you use BTL as your incoming (POP) or outgoing (SMTP) mail server.

#337973 - 05/19/09 03:42 PM Re: Can someone please translate this for me? [Re: SimonB]
shuffles Offline
Thanks Simon.
Change your Latitude

#338371 - 05/21/09 04:36 PM Re: Can someone please translate this for me? [Re: shuffles]
Diane Campbell Offline
exact translation -----

Find a 14 year old computer geek and have them come over right now.

#338373 - 05/21/09 04:41 PM Re: Can someone please translate this for me? [Re: Diane Campbell]
SimonB Offline
I've just spent the last 7 hours trying to fix the mess that some young computer geek made of someone's almost brand new computer. Kids these days!

#338499 - 05/22/09 11:38 AM Re: Can someone please translate this for me? [Re: SimonB]
Phil Offline
Old Geek!!

#338500 - 05/22/09 11:42 AM Re: Can someone please translate this for me? [Re: Phil]
elbert Offline
Have to have small thumbs and be under 21 to survive the new tech shifts.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

#338502 - 05/22/09 12:17 PM Re: Can someone please translate this for me? [Re: elbert]
shuffles Offline
LOL Diane, I remember many years ago buying rolls and rolls of quarters trying to figure out Pac Man. Took ten minutes of watching a ten year old kid in a bowling alley play it to figure it out!
Change your Latitude

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 40 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.