Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi!
We (the four of us coming in Sept) are interested in chartering a boat (with capt/crew) for a day with lunch and drinks provided for snorkeling, fishing, touring along AC. What is the going price for that? Would it be less because of the time of year? We have typically paid $600-700 in other Caribbean destinations. And any charter info appreciated!

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
Not sure the price but El Gato

//ambergriscaye.com/elgato/

Pictures from Chunkyruths blog to see what a trip out with Geraldo looks like...

http://belizesnowbird.blogspot.com/2009/02/26sailing-sailing-over-ocean-blue.html

http://belizesnowbird.blogspot.com/2009/03/4another-long-el-gato-story.html

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Looks like there are only four guest with crew on Chunkyruth's cruise. That would be perfect! Thanks, TC!

el gato is awesome. highly recommended....

P
P
Thirded. Certainly one of the most popular Tour Operators at our Vacation Rental, and it will be within your budget range.

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
As long as they don't have a bunch of people on board (if we can do just us four, more better) then I am happy to use them. Can anyone answer this one?? Thanks!

S
S
You'll have to contact them directly and arrange a private charter [email protected]

There's also "No Rush" and they do private family tours [email protected] //ambergriscaye.com/unitytours/

It's best to contact both directly, Unity notes on their website that charters are negotiable. Which probably means you can do a deal especially in low season.

Last edited by SimonB; 05/19/09 04:30 PM. Reason: added info
I'm sure Geraldo of El Gato will be happy to sail with just the four of you.

My suggestion is that you give Geraldo a call when you arrive. Here is the link to his website which gives phone numbers and prices.

//www.ambergriscaye.com/elgato/index.html

If it were me, I would go for the cookout at $80US per person. We've done it several times and have never been disappointed. You never leave the boat (except for snorkling of course)...he has a grill right on board.

If you want a chuckle...tell him that Chunky and Ruth sent you!

P
P
I meant the Private Charter will be within your price range which will be just your group. Open boat rates are as posted above and are less obviously but then others can book on the same trip.

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi CR, with the cookout...does it include stops at Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan or Mexico Rocks?? Just curious since you have done this several times. Thanks!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 307 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.