Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#338048 05/20/09 12:37 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hello Everyone,

Me and my girlfriend are planning on going to San Pedro Next February for two weeks. I have been there once before in 2006. I am looking into the accommodations down there and it looks like there are quite a few nice places but I find it hard to chose. Were looking for a place reasonably close to town that is fairly nice and has comfortable room/bed. The max I can budget a day is probably about 150US. Any ideas? I was looking at Blue Tang Inn, Coral Bay Villas, Paradise Villas... What do you think?

All three are good choices.

Include Belizean Reef in your consideration. Great location, beautiful condo's, great owner/manger (Ken & Virginia) and under your budget per day. Their site does not do the property justice. My wife and I stayed there for a week in February and we loved it.
//ambergriscaye.com/bzreef/index.html

Ps: That was 3rd trip to SP and my wife's first.

Last edited by azbob; 05/20/09 08:44 AM.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
S
S
I agree - Ken and Virginia are great! Also, check out Akbol if you would like a more natural setting (It's a Yoga).

I can recommend The Blue Tang. Also check out The Palms. Call them to see if they can do a room in that price range. I know the poolside casita recently went for about 100, but you might be able to get a regular condo for about that.

The Palms and Belizean Reef. Yes ds, the poolside area at The Palms is my favorite place, so beautifully landscaped, quiet, enclosed, and yet still just steps from the beach. These two places are side by side, right in the middle of everything, next to Ramon's great beach and snorkeling pier, and in your price range.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
G
G
Have stayed at all except Belzean Reef, they are all nice for the money. Tried for Palms in June, no room, went to Paradise villas for the quiet, large grounds and sunlit pool...

You cant go wrong with any of them unless you need a pool, then BR is out...

Enjoy!

PS Akbol has no AC... If that matters to you.

Last edited by Gridguy; 05/20/09 02:20 PM. Reason: misssspel
E
E
I'll vouch for Paradise Villas. I've stayed there 3 times now. Nellie Gomez and her staff have always treated me well. They will arrange for flights from/to the mainland, pick you up at the airport, stock your refrigerator with whatever you want, etc. The 2 units (2 br 1 ba) I've used had full kitchens, AC, daily housekeeping, free wi-fi, sat TV. There are 2 grocery stores within a block, the grounds are well maintained and secure and they have a very nice pool that I've never used. They also have their own dock. Wet Willies is about 50' up the beach and downtown is a nice 5 minute walk down the beach. Their rates for a 1 br/1ba should be well within your budget.

JMO but I'll be contacting them again in the next few weeks to reserve for January.

God Bless The Reef!
F
F
We stayed at the Belzian Reef for years before we bought a place. I love Ken and Virginia and think it would be a great choice (if you don't need a pool).

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks for all the suggestions. I would like to have a pool but Im not sure it is really necessary. I have emailed the Palms to see if they can offer me something in that price range.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.