Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#338382 - 05/21/09 10:35 PM SPTLibrary thanks the Paul Hooker Foundation
pamkillen Offline
Over this last Christmas a fine man named Paul Hooker passed away suddenly while snorkeling the reef with his family. In the face of this tragedy, the family decided to begin a foundation that would help support the San Pedro Town Library. We are so very thankful for their generosity and support for this community that they have been such a part of.
Pam Hooker and the foundation, have donated money that will be used to develop the Paul Hooker Media Center. This will include the ability to show movies with our own projector and screen. We will also have a huge outdoor screen so we can show outdoor movies periodically. We intend to show movies Saturday morning to the little kids and Friday afternoon to the young teens. We will also develop a library of educational DVD's starting with parenting skills.
In addition, we are in the process of purchasing 6 new computers so we can offer computer access to all students in the community.
Needless to say, we are thrilled and very very thankful. Thank you Pam Hooker and to the Hooker family. We will see you in the fall for the grande opening. In the meantime we will be making the media center available to the entire student body of San Pedro.

#338498 - 05/22/09 04:34 PM Re: SPTLibrary thanks the Paul Hooker Foundation [Re: pamkillen]
Phil Offline
Congratulations to the Hooker family on an excellent memorial.

#338886 - 05/25/09 05:40 PM Re: SPTLibrary thanks the Paul Hooker Foundation [Re: pamkillen]
Francois G. Ledoux Offline
To anyone wishing to donate printers to the San Pedro Library,
I beleive the Library can furnish you a "Duty free letter" so that your donations are received tax-duty free.

To the SP Library, should you be purchasing new printers, might I suggest you purchase "Epson Printers" because their ink cartridges are the most easily refilled.

I order "BULK INK" from Inkjetcartridge.com which allows me to refill my cartridges for roughly $1.00 US instead of $30 to $50
per cartridge. Should you aquire new printers please let me know and I would send you the ink-refill kits and bulk ink.

Francois
fgl1946@belizemail.net

#339040 - 05/26/09 10:15 PM Re: SPTLibrary thanks the Paul Hooker Foundation [Re: Francois G. Ledoux]
tacogirl Offline
That is great news.

#339041 - 05/26/09 10:17 PM Re: SPTLibrary thanks the Paul Hooker Foundation [Re: tacogirl]
collyk Offline
now that is a great legacy!

#339065 - 05/27/09 01:15 AM Re: SPTLibrary thanks the Paul Hooker Foundation [Re: collyk]
pamkillen Offline
We are so excited. 4 computers have arrived, the media center stuff is in transit, and 2 more computers are on the way. We plan to have open use for kids 9 and above who have had computer class. And we will have a class to teach the younger ones. Anyone who would like to volunteer to teach basic computer skills, we would be delighted to have your help.
As soon as the projector arrives, we plan to have an outdoor movie night and will probably show Planet Earth.
Pam Hooker and her family have created a fabulous legacy to remember Paul by and it will continue to grow. In the fall we will have an official opening with the Hooker family present. What fun that all the kids using the library will feel they know Paul Hooker.

#339100 - 05/27/09 03:10 PM Re: SPTLibrary thanks the Paul Hooker Foundation [Re: pamkillen]
Diane Campbell Offline
Pam Hooker chose a great project and the members of the Library Board are doing a bang-up job implementing it.
Thanks to everybody.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 95 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.