Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
We just got back from San Pedro. We stayed at Corona del Mar from 1/14/01 - 1/21/01 and had a wonderful time. This is our 5th trip to Ambergris Caye since Jan. '98 and we have stayed there with Woody and Helen the last 4 trips and we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!
It's true, the barge next door is working overtime to get much needed suppplies to the island which is busily working to restore hurricane damage. I was aware of it, but the noise wasn't a problem for us.The island seems to be recovering quickly.
As far as Corona del Mar is concerned....we love to stay there. The island hospitality there is wonderful. Woody and Helen treat you like family. It's like going home. We love the view from the top floor rooms. The beach hammock is a great place to read a book. They were able to help us arrange a dive trip and other activities. And there was always that rum punch waiting for us when we needed to wet our whistle.
The full complementary breakfast prepared by Carmen at the resturant across the street is one of the best around! Don't miss Barry's special brew of coffee. We ate dinner there several times during the week. It was wonderful each and every time.I think I gained 10 pounds. My jeans were tight on the plane ride home to NC!
We will be back and we will stay at Corona del Mar!!!!!!

R
R
Nutz.
Thanks. Theres a group of us Belikin-drinkin', reef divin', wakin-up-face-down- on-the-beach NYC people on our way down to Corona Del Mar on Feb 24. Id heard lotsa chatter about the barge... blah blah blah... and Im happy to get your vote of confidence that all is OK. I will be there to claim that hammock ASAP.
Anyone who'll be around, come join us on Feb 24 for some fresh NYC steaks on the grill at Corona's. (Theres plenty, ya know!)

Uh huh. Yep. That was me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.