Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#338904 - 05/25/09 05:35 PM The Palms or ?
sindy1232 Offline
Ok, I think I have narrowed down my search for places to stay. I really like Caribbean Villas but my sons want a TV after a week inland so they are out.

I think I have decided on The Palms. It is centrally located to town and a better "beach" area next to Ramon's and the units seem pretty nice.

The Palms = Price is $797.00 including WIFI for 5 nights in the larger 2 bd (1 king and 2 queen) 2 ba units or $737.00 in the 2 bd (1 king and 2 single) 1.5 ba. units. Seems to have everything they would like such as TV, 3 beds, beach front and close to town.

Since I am traveling with my 19 and 21 yrs old son's, who are not partiers, do you think they will like it there?

Planning this trip has been harder then any trip we have taken! I just want the trip to be a good one for my son's.

#338910 - 05/25/09 06:18 PM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: sindy1232]
Bobber Offline
the Palms is a good choice for the reasons you mentioned. We've stayed there, along with a few other places, and it would be our favorite overall. The rooms are nice, view is fantastic, the pool is somewhat smaller but isolated and pretty if you want to sunbathe. Close to town is nice, no cabs involved.
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

#338912 - 05/25/09 06:49 PM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: Bobber]
sweetjane Offline
i agree with bobber. we stayed there last summer with our two sons - we loved it and so did the boys. zero complaints. we really liked the tropically shaded pool on a scorching hot day. its walking distance to town, yet tranquil with a great view.

#338916 - 05/25/09 09:15 PM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: sweetjane]
Caye Connect Offline
What are your sons in to?

Caribbean Villas has wifi as well as the water sports rentals right on premise. Beach at CV is a bit quieter being a bit further from town. I think they are both fantastic - you cannot go wrong either way. I recently had two friends at the Palms and they were thrilled. The decision between the two should be easy. The both have great facilities and are professionally managed - just remember to go slow and relax.

#338920 - 05/25/09 10:15 PM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: sindy1232]
Rykat Offline
Do it, Sindy! You will not regret it. Love the Palms, stay there most trips and cant wait to get back! smile
GOP - The Party of Lincoln.

#338923 - 05/25/09 11:15 PM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: Rykat]
sindy1232 Offline
OK, spoke with my son's and TV is going to be a MUST for them! So we will be off to The Palms in 33 days!!! OMG, now I have to decide on where to stay in the Rainforest! LOL LOL

What are my son's into? My oldest likes the internet, watching TV, hanging out, all music and meeting people. My youngest lives to longboard (skateboarding), music and playing the bass guitar, football, watersports and hanging out with his football buddies from high school. Oh yeah, they both like video games. They both work very hard so they pretty much just chill at night and go tubing or hang out on the weekend. Except my youngest, he is the life of the party with everyone at home.

#338927 - 05/26/09 06:43 AM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: sindy1232]
sweetjane Offline
check out la casita at duPlooy's (large, private 2BRs - this is my vote, and we stay here) or maybe cahal pech village (others have told me its cool).

http://www.duplooys.com/ (has no pool, but easy swimming in the river. more secluded, is in the jungle)

http://www.cahalpech.com/ (has pool, closer to town)

if you want, i have family pics with our boys (showing what we did and what fun we had) from both cayo ('07) & the palms on AC ('08).

#338933 - 05/26/09 09:38 AM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: sweetjane]
Caye Connect Offline
Agree with Sweetjane on her choices. My number one place in all of Cayo is still Chaa Creek. It is certainly not the cheapest, but I think it is the best blend of activities, beauty/serenity, on-site restaurant/bar/spa plus it is only 15-20min to San Ignacio.

The canoe trip into town rocks. Your boys would love that.

#338940 - 05/26/09 10:02 AM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: Caye Connect]
sweetjane Offline
yes, alex - chaa creek is just up the same road from duPlooy's and is very nice, but was WAY out of our budget, thus not an option. if it is within your budget, i agree it certainly is worth a look.

#338941 - 05/26/09 10:13 AM Re: The Palms or ? [Re: sweetjane]
elbert Offline
I've stayed at both and really agree with jane ,...but Chan Chich
over chaa creek no contest , a special spot on the planet. one of thoes listed in that book '100 places to see before you die!'.
when i start to describe it i get carried away and loose peoples attention because they don't believe what i'm saying.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 49 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,256 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.