Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#33891 - 01/25/01 02:50 AM Blue Tang Inn
dphil56 Offline
beenznrice,
I just spent a week at the Blue Tang, formerly Rocks Inn, and I couldn't have been more satisfied. The staff is great, and we met the new owners while we were there, really nice folks with an aim to please. They are doing a good job renovating(probably finished by now). While we were there, they put new ceiling fans in all the rooms, and new refridgerators and coffee pots. They are also putting in a pool and a deck. Selena, Gill, and Gustavo, bent over backwards for us. I will stay there again, and would highly recomend the place. Close to a grocery store and walking distance from downtown. Oh, and there is a new sun deck on the 3rd floor. We were very comfortable!!

[This message has been edited by dphil56 (edited 01-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dphil56 (edited 01-24-2001).]

#33892 - 01/25/01 05:21 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
Beenznrice Offline
Thanks for the info dphil56. It's so hard to choose a place to stay. I don't want anything fancy since I'm sure I won't be spending much time in the room but I would like a place with a pool and decent sized rooms. Do you know where the Blue Tang is located? It's not to far north is it? I don't want to have to take a boat to get to SP everynight.

#33893 - 01/25/01 05:48 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
Karen Pasquariello Offline
Hi,
The resort is just on the edge of town, just a few minutes walk will get you there.

#33894 - 01/25/01 06:21 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
dphil56 Offline
beenznrice,I noticed from an earlier post, that you are planning to go in July. The pool and deck will certainly be finished by then. Plus, I forgot to mention, that they are building a beach bar on the property. It was to be finished any day now! No water taxis will be needed!! Walk or rent a golf cart....downtown is right at you finger tips.

#33895 - 01/25/01 09:08 PM Re: Blue Tang Inn
Beenznrice Offline
Thanks everyone. With so many places getting good reviews it's going to be hard to choose.

#33896 - 01/25/01 11:32 PM Re: Blue Tang Inn
SP Daily Offline
Compliments to the new Blue Tang owners for their thoughtfully worded advert in the local paper. Good show!

#33897 - 01/26/01 03:08 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
Sandshaker Offline
Ditto to the add....good eye appeal.....classy!

The Blue Tang is right in front of the Hustler Dock.

#33898 - 01/26/01 09:33 AM Re: Blue Tang Inn
seashell Offline
dphil56, hi. I've stayed twice at the Blue Tang when it was Rock's. Have they changed the curtains? The curtains were a peach color and made the rooms very pretty but let in the morning light. As much as I enjoyed staying there, I often wished for some blackout curtains.

#33899 - 01/27/01 05:29 PM Re: Blue Tang Inn
dphil56 Offline
seashell,
They still have the same curtains, but the new owners wife told us that it was high on her list of things to change. I had no problem with the morning light, but can see where some blackout curtains would appeal to some(my girlfriend included, she likes to sleep late!!). Lots of changes ongoing.

#33900 - 01/27/01 10:46 PM Re: Blue Tang Inn
Fronna3 Offline
How was the view of the Sea?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.