Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#338904 05/25/09 04:35 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Ok, I think I have narrowed down my search for places to stay. I really like Caribbean Villas but my sons want a TV after a week inland so they are out.

I think I have decided on The Palms. It is centrally located to town and a better "beach" area next to Ramon's and the units seem pretty nice.

The Palms = Price is $797.00 including WIFI for 5 nights in the larger 2 bd (1 king and 2 queen) 2 ba units or $737.00 in the 2 bd (1 king and 2 single) 1.5 ba. units. Seems to have everything they would like such as TV, 3 beds, beach front and close to town.

Since I am traveling with my 19 and 21 yrs old son's, who are not partiers, do you think they will like it there?

Thanks,

Sindy

Planning this trip has been harder then any trip we have taken! I just want the trip to be a good one for my son's.

the Palms is a good choice for the reasons you mentioned. We've stayed there, along with a few other places, and it would be our favorite overall. The rooms are nice, view is fantastic, the pool is somewhat smaller but isolated and pretty if you want to sunbathe. Close to town is nice, no cabs involved.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Bobber #338912 05/25/09 05:49 PM
i agree with bobber. we stayed there last summer with our two sons - we loved it and so did the boys. zero complaints. we really liked the tropically shaded pool on a scorching hot day. its walking distance to town, yet tranquil with a great view.

What are your sons in to?

Caribbean Villas has wifi as well as the water sports rentals right on premise. Beach at CV is a bit quieter being a bit further from town. I think they are both fantastic - you cannot go wrong either way. I recently had two friends at the Palms and they were thrilled. The decision between the two should be easy. The both have great facilities and are professionally managed - just remember to go slow and relax.

Do it, Sindy! You will not regret it. Love the Palms, stay there most trips and cant wait to get back! smile

Rykat #338923 05/25/09 10:15 PM
S
OP Offline
S
OK, spoke with my son's and TV is going to be a MUST for them! So we will be off to The Palms in 33 days!!! OMG, now I have to decide on where to stay in the Rainforest! LOL LOL

What are my son's into? My oldest likes the internet, watching TV, hanging out, all music and meeting people. My youngest lives to longboard (skateboarding), music and playing the bass guitar, football, watersports and hanging out with his football buddies from high school. Oh yeah, they both like video games. They both work very hard so they pretty much just chill at night and go tubing or hang out on the weekend. Except my youngest, he is the life of the party with everyone at home.

check out la casita at duPlooy's (large, private 2BRs - this is my vote, and we stay here) or maybe cahal pech village (others have told me its cool).

http://www.duplooys.com/ (has no pool, but easy swimming in the river. more secluded, is in the jungle)

http://www.cahalpech.com/ (has pool, closer to town)

if you want, i have family pics with our boys (showing what we did and what fun we had) from both cayo ('07) & the palms on AC ('08).

Agree with Sweetjane on her choices. My number one place in all of Cayo is still Chaa Creek. It is certainly not the cheapest, but I think it is the best blend of activities, beauty/serenity, on-site restaurant/bar/spa plus it is only 15-20min to San Ignacio.

The canoe trip into town rocks. Your boys would love that.

http://www.chaacreek.com/

yes, alex - chaa creek is just up the same road from duPlooy's and is very nice, but was WAY out of our budget, thus not an option. if it is within your budget, i agree it certainly is worth a look.

I've stayed at both and really agree with jane ,...but Chan Chich
over chaa creek no contest , a special spot on the planet. one of thoes listed in that book '100 places to see before you die!'.
http://www.chanchich.com/
when i start to describe it i get carried away and loose peoples attention because they don't believe what i'm saying.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.