Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Texican #339145 05/27/09 04:05 PM
Yes the Cancun flights would be nice, but they really do not have the potential to greatly influence market share, there are a lot of reasons for a small airline not to bother with a cancun run.

Reality..What a concept!
I don't know if thats true or not Papashine. When I went to Jamica, people were taking flights to Cuba from there cause they could. I would suspect that Belize would get quite a few lookie loos from those staying in Cancun or nearby resorts if they had extra time and was easy to do.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
I know I would travel 100% of my flights through Cancun unless they were significantly more expensive, especially if it landed directly on Ambergris Caye.

Plus, one of the biggest advantages of a Cancun route is that Europeans can travel to Belize without a transfer in the US. Several European cities have direct flights to Cancun.

Last edited by deadserious; 05/27/09 05:44 PM.
Ok, so here I go out on a limb probably upsetting my friends at Tropic - upsetting someone being a first for me.
My question is: Why do we need a 3 million dollar terminal placed where it is already a highly congested traffic area for people who spend ten minutes getting on or off the planes? It is not like they are in transit and need a place to wait hours for their next flight.

PS: I say forget the terminal, lower my ticket price, and of course to my friends at Tropic, give them all a raise.

Last edited by bywarren; 05/27/09 06:22 PM.
H
H
(Because the already own the property they are building on ($$$!))

H20dog #339171 05/27/09 06:31 PM
Don't understand that. I can't see where the new terminal will add to the profitability of Tropic, unless they have installed pay toilets, only add to their overhead in servicing the debt and causing ticket prices to increase or remain at high levels. Thus discouraging travel to Belize - which I am not opposed to. Too many tourist now for the infrastructure, too much traffic,too much uncontrolled development etc. There I bet that will upset somemore who feel the answer to all of Belize's problems is more tourism.

Last edited by bywarren; 05/27/09 06:39 PM.
I know I'm hoping for a bar and snack stand.

T
T
I believe I read here that the new terminal would serve not only as Tropic's passenger arrival and departure facility on AC, but also as it's base of operations for maintenence and logistics etc. What I find interesting is what I also read here about Maya's acquisition of a couple of ATRs with the intent to fly from CUN to BZE. Maya already offers access to Belize with flights from San Pedro Sula. Both CUN and SAP have low-cost and charter flights from abroad. Are there regulations in place that will hinder Maya from scheduling their international passengers on their domestic services? I think the San Pedro airstrip can handle ATRs and the island already has customs and immigration personnel. Anyway, it's just like anything else in Belize, absolutely fascinates. Does anyone know the status of Atlantic Airlines? They were flying 737s and suddenly went off the radar last December.

Texican #339190 05/27/09 09:47 PM

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #339192 05/27/09 09:59 PM
T
T
Thanks, kicman. There are different messages wherever they flew. Looks like Corn Is. and Bluefields in Nicaragua are those left stranded in the long run. Bummer.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.