Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#339038 - 05/26/09 10:12 PM Tropic Terminal
Marty Offline
from the Chamber of Commerce....

Steve Schulte of Tropic Air reported that there is a delay to finishing the new terminal due to some undelivered material, but that the building is progressing and hopefully will be in use in the near future.

They are looking for resorts to put together travel packages that can be offered to the individual airline travel agencies. Most airlines offer package deals with lodging, meals, vehicles, etc. But here in Belize, there are few packages to offer. It would increase travel to Belize if the airlines had more package deals to market. Please contact Steve for more information. His email is steve@tropicair.com.

#339057 - 05/27/09 12:09 AM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: Marty]
beachbumin Offline
A good start in attracting tourists to the island would be to lower the cost of flight from Belize International to San Pedro. At just north of $120 usd for a 15 minute flight, it is a bit steep. Don't get me wrong, I think Tropic is great...just a bit expensive.

#339122 - 05/27/09 05:53 PM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: beachbumin]
Peter Jones Offline
Others far better informed than I can and hopefully will reply, but I suspect the costs of operating Tropic and Maya are relatively enormous, because of the ever encroaching corrosion we experience here. Somehow they have to recover that money, or close up.

#339123 - 05/27/09 06:02 PM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: Peter Jones]
champion Offline
Also, what do you think the terminal put em back?
And, look at what it costs for local short carrier flight in the states.

Edited by champion (05/27/09 06:04 PM)
Edit Reason: add

#339124 - 05/27/09 06:10 PM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: champion]
papashine Offline
Originally Posted By: champion

And, look at what it costs for local short carrier flight in the states.

Or Canada, or anywhere else in the world. I think if you do the research you will find that Tropics prices are lower then comparable fares around the world.

#339128 - 05/27/09 06:28 PM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: papashine]
ragman Offline
papashine, I just checked a comparable short flight in the USA and you seem to be correct. Tropic's prices seem reasonable.

#339129 - 05/27/09 06:31 PM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: papashine]
Peter Jones Offline
You can leave a light aircraft parked for a month on tarmac or grass in most parts of Britain or the US and other than basic checks there'll be nothing to do before flying it again. I know, I used to do it. Leave one of the Caravans parked at the SP apron for a month and I suspect the airframe will have corroded significantly. It's a whole different ballgame.

#339131 - 05/27/09 06:55 PM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: Peter Jones]
Texican Offline
Are air fares regulated in any way by the GOB? The different tarifs from Municipal and International make it seem likely that they are. For Maya flights to San Pedro Sula from Savannah, they add a nominal additional fee for connections to Savannah from outlying stations. With the advent of CUN-BZE services, could a carrier devise a fare structure that would keep Cancun passengers on its domestic flights?

#339132 - 05/27/09 07:06 PM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: Texican]
champion Offline
I know nothing about aircraft but would assume that international flights carry a huge load with the carrier in as much that the planes and pilots would have additional requirements which would increase the fares.

#339133 - 05/27/09 07:07 PM Re: Tropic Terminal [Re: Texican]
Texican Offline
Tropic's new terminal will be so nice for San Pedro passengers, and will surely benefit others system-wide in many ways. I can't know the competitive strategy of either airline, but Cancun flights have the potential to greatly influence market share.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.