Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#33929 - 01/25/01 02:23 PM wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
diverdeb1 Offline
We will be in A/C from 2/14 till 4/1 this year and wondered what any of you missed from the states. Thanks for any info.

Ron and Deb

#33930 - 01/25/01 04:59 PM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
fred Offline
usually just wish i brought more money so i could stay longer.....

if you can't find it on the island you probably don't need it!
this meesage created by 100% recycled electrons

#33931 - 01/25/01 05:24 PM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
Big Frank Offline
a really good small flashlight--the new ones are about $10 and take 2AA batteries. they're about as big as a lighter. Also a small flashlight that turns into a lamp to read by.
A good travel mug if you plan to make cocktails or coffee.
Power bars or the like to stave off your appetite until after happy hour.
Fewer C.D.s--buy some good local punta rock!

#33932 - 01/25/01 05:49 PM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
Rubba Offline
Nice call with the travel mug, Frank!!!
Yep... ya need one of those.
I also bring (dont laugh) one of those lil' Smokey Joe charcoal BBQ's. They really come in handy, and theyre very hard to find. What not to bring: shoes (useless)
Uh huh. Yep. That was me.

#33933 - 01/25/01 06:19 PM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
Sunkissed Offline
Hey diverdeb, I brought a great topic from November to the top. Has some great info in it. Had to search a while to find it, but hey persistance pays off. Hope it helps.

forgot to mention the topic is "So what am I going to forget to pack in my luggage"

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 06-23-2001).]

#33934 - 01/26/01 03:30 AM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
seashell Offline
Sorry Rubba, but I disagree with you on the shoes. I used to go barefoot there all the time but when I was there over Dec and into Jan., we wore shoes virtually all of the time. Why? Because there is so much broken glass and so many nails everywhere, even on the beach. I was driving my friend crazy cuz I was always bent over picking up glass and nails and pitching it when I got to a garbage can. Took us forever to get anywhere, but I thought, hey, if everybody did just a little bit, then we'd all be barefoot again soon.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#33935 - 01/26/01 06:09 AM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
silkpainter Offline
Ditto on the shoes. Pre-hurricane I would have agreed with you.... but I've been there twice since (Keith)... and its definitely getting better... but sandles or flip flops are a MUST for walking right now.

------------------- http://www.caribbean-colors.com
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

#33936 - 01/26/01 08:55 AM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
Robin Slattery Offline
I would like to tell you to take a small insulated bag, like a cooler flexible bag. My husband and I wished we had one for our trips to town and back. If you get veggies,fruit or meat you got to come right back. We like to stop at the bars until rush hour is over!! This time we have one packed in our bags!!

#33937 - 01/26/01 09:51 AM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
Jericco Offline
On the flashlight subject, we brought a very small underwater one that we suspended overboard and watched the fish that were attracted. Fun! I bet it would work on any of the piers.

#33938 - 01/26/01 10:17 AM Re: wHAT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT?
Rubba Offline
Wow... thanx for the correction, all.
I havent been there since Keith and didnt factor in the debris. OK.. so shoes are needed.
Just to add, I also bring an insulated bag, but I fill it full of good meats and dry ice and bring it down with me. Yeah, I like chicken and lobster, but nothing beats a thick 'ol juicy steak on the beach.
Uh huh. Yep. That was me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.