Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#339607 - 05/31/09 01:48 AM Locking down the tropics post.
Zardoz
Locking down the post does nothing other than making it so
no one know who is telling the truth. I would have prefered
that others patrons would defend the tropics instead of
locking it down after the tropics management decided to
return the favor of behaving badly on the internet. Since
I have no way to know who is telling the truth I think the
easiest solution for me is to ignore the tropics in the
future. Sorry but how am I suppose to know the truth.

Z

#339610 - 05/31/09 02:02 AM Re: Locking down the tropics post. [Re: ]
Peter Jones Offline
I think the opening post in that thread should have been heavily amended or deleted, not the entire thread.

#339623 - 05/31/09 05:24 AM Re: Locking down the tropics post. [Re: ]
SavvyLady Offline
Please read the last blog under "The Tropics Hotel". It will tell you that I am telling the truth. Ramon Reyes the owner of The Tropics Hotel finally responded to my blog and indirectly admitted the he refuse to give us a fair refund of our money after we informed him that our room was unsecured and someone had entered. The following day in the presence of the police, Ramon identified the person as an employee but we do not know if he was telling the truth. When I started this blog, I expected that those who read it would offer their opinion and some would question the validity of my situation. What I didn't expect was for Ramon Reyes to validate my story as he did in his response. Although he accused me of lying, he admitted that #1. a person, unindentified at the time of the incident, entered our room without knocking or identifying themself. #2. The other room he offered was inadequate since it did not have air condition. A/C is very necessary in a tropical climate. #3. He also admitted that his hotel had water pump problems which leads to water shut off for 24 or more hours which makes it inadequate. #4. the junior suite we reserved is not on the main hotel site (Ramon states this on his website). It is located 15mins. walking distance away to the south end of the island next to his father's hotel Tropic Paradise and just outside the old cemetary site. Ramon Reyes knows that I am telling the truth. He has admitted to all the claims I have made in his blog. He also is aware that for two weeks prior to reserving the room, he and I were communicating by email. Yet, he never once told all the truth about the location of his hotel's junior suite (except for what he has on the website). He was quite aware that I wanted a room with a sea view and I know he couldn't think that I would have been happy to look out my hotel window and see an old poorly kept cemetary. PLEASE, THIS WAS OUR VACATION! Ramon neglected to give me all the information about the location because he know that I would not have reserved that room. When someone withhold vital information, it is considered lying. Ramon Reyes, may you reap all the seeds you have sowed.

#339632 - 05/31/09 02:14 PM Re: Locking down the tropics post. [Re: SavvyLady]
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
I am locking this post, we've heard both sides and its time to move on.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day