Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S

Simon, my county (Santa Clara) in Calfornia is threatening to charge 25 cents per plastic bag starting in July. I'm not sure if this is actually going to happen (not sure the law passed) but I've been bringing my own reusable bags (cloth) for some time now. Heck, back 30+ years ago, Europeans were bringing their own to the market.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Whole Foods quit stocking plastic bags altogether at the Austin flagship store a couple of years ago. No charge for getting a brown paper bag with flimsy handles, but they give you a .20 per bag credit if you bring your own reusable bags.

It's a great idea talked about in many locations and getting passed in several. I always try to bring my own re usable bags to stores too. If SP gets something like this passed, I will make my next "client gift" a Barb's Belize bag (instead of the coozie, luggage tags, pens, mini frisbees, etc I have done over the years). You can get really lightweight tiny packing nylon ones now. Think of the mess it would eliminate on the island and elsewhere.

Barbara, you just reminded me - I'm going to pack my mesh bag for my trip to AC in a few weeks. Great for day trips and market run smile

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
B
B

Several countries have passed laws outlawing plastic bags. I think its a wonderful idea to outlaw or tax the crap out of them. They are so wasteful!

When I was a kid, paper bags were the devil as you had to save the rain forests, so everyone chose plastic. Now plastic bags are the devil because they don't break down in landfills and depend on the evil oil empires to produce, so everyone is told to chose paper again.

If the environmentalists would have just left well enough alone to begin with. That's the problem when you act on your feelings rather than from rational thought.

Paper or plastic, I too remember the savage war to save trees. just think if it had gone farther and lumber was made from plastic. Get your glued together plastic house. Wait, no rot, termites, mold???? Hmmmmm, no stupid idea, can't hold the weight.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.