Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#34026 01/26/01 03:31 PM
S
Sadie Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi all, leaving tomorrow early from NYC. Our hotel has a nice pool, but I am a pool fiend. Do other hotels allow you to use their pools? Is there a pool with one of those silly bars you swim up to that we can go to?
See y'all soon!
Sadie
PS I searched the board for posting before I posted this. This board is brilliant and I truly thank all who contribute.

We had our adult "children" with us at Christmas and they used several of the pools. It seems in most cases as long as you are not being a pest everybody is pretty cool. Almost all are posted of course for "guests only". I think a lot of times they'll let you try it in the hopes that you might stay there on a subsequent trip.

There are no swim up bars south of the cut that I know of. (That is, none that were purposefully designed that way.) Journeys End had one, and there may be a couple more up north.

S
Sadie Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Choo choo: you are a peach.

-Sadie (in real life, Susie)
: D

B
B
Especially if you buy a belikin or have lunch, it is, "No Problem, mon."

B
B
Captain Morgans was the nicest pool i saw. Have you seen it on Temptation island? Either that or Ramons.

J
J
Choo...THANK YOU...where I lived in Fla. if you used a pool it was assumed you needed a larger boat...no matter the bar tab. I am so glad to know this.....again, thank you!!!!!

S
Sadie Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the advice Big Frank. Like the comment about the Beliken.

I kinda gotta see Captain Morgan's if only to sell a piece about the island, eh?

Well if there's a beaut of a pool I can dip in, so much the better!

-S

I think the situation at San Pedro hotels is like that in San Diego or San Antonio or San Jacinto or wherever -- pools are for hotel guests but sometimes the rule is bent or ignored. In other words, it depends.

I have heard from several hotels in Sandro without pools that their guests in the past were allowed to use pools at nearby hotels but that now that blanket okay is no longer in effect. On the other hand, if one doesn't make a pest of oneself and if no hotel guestg complains and maybe buy a drink or two at the hotel bar no one will say anything.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
F
F
So the hotels with pools don't have like, spies or special sheets or something that regulate pool users? Probably not since once in Miami we snuck into a HILTON pool and didn't get caught.....

S
S
We were asked to leave Ramon's pool because we weren't hotel guests. My husband was having a drink and my children and I decided to take a dip before dinner which we were planning to have at Ramons. The pool was not crowded and my children (for once!) were very well behaved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.