Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#340605 - 06/08/09 10:51 AM Beach Clean-up June 13
Marty Offline
The San Pedro, Ambergris Caye community is invited to participate in a beach clean up day on Saturday, June 13, 2009. Please meet on the beach in front of the Central Park at 8:00a.m. to be assigned a clean-up location. Teams will be formed to pick up litter in target areas of Ambergris Caye. The goal is to have a large number of people participate in order to maximize the area of beach that can be cleared free of litter.
Each person will be given latex gloves to protect their hands from the litter they will be collecting. Each group will be given trash bags and instructions for collecting. The San Pedro Town Council will help to dispose of the collected garbage.

Take pride in the natural beauty of Ambergris and help keep the beach a place for all to enjoy. Letís all pitch in and help keep our environment and home beautiful! (For more information or to volunteer call Jeff 628-8220, YWAM Ė Destination Paradise with the San Pedro Town Council.)

Posted by Ambergris Today

#340608 - 06/08/09 10:59 AM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: Marty]
KC Jayhawk Offline
Count us in!!
When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

#340613 - 06/08/09 11:31 AM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: KC Jayhawk]
Moose In Belize Offline
Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.

#340614 - 06/08/09 11:35 AM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: Moose In Belize]
elbert Offline
Yes a duplication,Is the YWAM the group running the tours in the two catamarans tied together in fount of San Pedro Town?
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

#340618 - 06/08/09 11:51 AM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: elbert]
SimonB Offline

#340724 - 06/09/09 11:26 AM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: SimonB]
elbert Offline
A Beach Clean-Up is a good 'Community Service' thing to do don't you agree?

#340749 - 06/09/09 06:17 PM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: elbert]
Amanda Syme Offline
Did it happen and how many bags did they get?

When we cleaned the south end - beach and road we had a few dump truck loads of debris plus over 100 large heavy duty sacks of trash.

Each week I clean a few hundred feet of beach by my house and usually get at least a kitchen bag worth of plastic, glass etc.

It's amazing how much trash accumulates on our beaches and streets - and all it would take would be for a few hundred people to take one bag and fill it per week and we might have the trash under control.

#340751 - 06/09/09 06:30 PM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: Amanda Syme]
Barnacle Offline
i don't know how it all ends up in the water, but it' a shame people don't have the common sense, respect, knowledge, or whatever it is, to not throw trash on the roads to begin with!?
it just drives me nuts to watch Styrofoam chicken boxes fly from the windows of buses and cars. or someone drop it right where they stand,, with a trash can 20 feet away.
did no one teach them any different?

#340754 - 06/09/09 06:48 PM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: Barnacle]
elbert Offline
Their Mama didn't raise them right! Barn its never gona change.
I know this group of people that all pray for the same thing.'Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can, and
Wisdom to know the difference.
I clean up some times and do beach clean up campaigns but nothing gona change the illitterate.
(another new word)

#340756 - 06/09/09 06:50 PM Re: Beach Clean-up June 13 [Re: Amanda Syme]
Peter Jones Offline
Originally Posted By: Amanda Syme
Did it happen and how many bags did they get?

AFAIK June 13th hasn't happened yet.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.