Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34059 01/27/01 05:53 PM
H
OP Offline
H
my husband and i are planning a trip to belize in sept.for our 15th anniv. we have several questions: is belize out of the hurricane area,what is a really spiffy(luxurious in a relaxed way) place to stay. my travel agent is rec. ramon's.is that the nicest? how close is it to Amergris caye where i am assuming the restaurants are. and last if you didn't want to dive the whole week, what great tours would you recommend and with whom. thanks i really need the help.

I would say, first, that Ambergris Caye, nice as it is, is just the tip of the iceberg, or cocoberg or whatever, of Belize. Ambergris is a mid-sized island about half the size of Barbados, whereas Belize is a country the size of Massachusetts with a surprising diversity of environments -- besides some 200 islands in the Caribbean there are rainforests, mountains, whitewater rivers, huge cave systems, not to mention Maya ruins, 500 species of birds, 700 or 800 kinds of butterflies, jaguars and all kinds of wildlife.

Ambergris Caye has many good restaurants, but so does Belize City, Placencia, Caye Caulker and some other spots in Belize.

But, yes, Belize is in the Western Caribbean and for the Western Caribbean the peak hurricane season is late August through early November. Keith hit Ambegris Caye in late September last year. Having said that, though, hurricanes are relatively rare in Belize, with one serious one about once every 10 years, and the last really bad one before Keith was in 1961. You are much more likely to be in a hurricane in Texas, Florida or in the Southeast US than in Belize.

Most travel agents know only a few places in Belize, if any at all, among them always Ramon's. You might look around this and the other Web sites on Belize for more information on the huge variety of places available, from luxury condotels to villas to cottage colonies to cabanas on the beach to jungle lodges.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
F
F
And we all remeber Keith

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.