Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#340622 06/08/09 12:06 PM
OP Offline
I was just down to my condo at royal palm my one of my friends sons a local kid found a coin dated 1819 it is a silver coin from spain about the size of a silver dollar .i know there where ship wrecks near and on the island ??anybody have any idea how it might have got to the island ? there are stories about ship wrecks .But i think a little to new?? for pirates or things like that /but there might be a chest or more of these things .. I checked on the vaule only worth $10 us .unless there are a ton more buried there ???maybe gold??maybe ? i know you might think this is a danny 2 story but i am not joking ..Any help would be helpful ..and yes the kid will turn the coin over to the proper authorites so he the 12 year old will not go to jail ..assuming he has not fled the counrty yet with the location map lol lol lol ..

Last edited by captjeff; 06/08/09 01:56 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
S
Captain!!!

...sorry to say that these are worthless and a waste of time.

I tell you what... have your son's friend show me exactly where he found this antiquated, useless coin and in return, I'll clean up the mess the Spanish left behind. In exchange, I'll also arrange for your son's friend (and any/all others that he has already divulged said location to) to enjoy a long, leisurely fishing trip far far far on the other side of the reef.

OP Offline
You are to funny ,my friend .i know the spot, me you ,and my cuzin vinny bombatz will dig .but we need a picnic basket full of your world class award winning guava ribs ,lobster pizza ,and a few frozen margaritas for substenance to keep us going till the dig is over..lol..NOW YOU KNOW JEFF I AM ONLY KIDDING AS I DO NOT WANT TO BE INVOLED IN ARTIFACTS AND COIN STEALING ...NOT KIDDING ABOUT THE FOOD THAT I WANT...

Last edited by captjeff; 06/08/09 02:34 PM.

Probably a 8 reales Spanish or Mexico silver coin.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
OP Offline
yes i think it was a 8 reales silver coin ,thanks skippy.so how did it get to sanpedro thats the million dollar question ?????

Somewhat common collector's coin. From a coin shop?

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
OP Offline
DO NOT THINK SO??? BUT ANYTHING IS POSSABLE ..WILL TRY TO FIND OUT MORE INFO ...THANKS

Capt- whoops I left my coin at your place last time I was there!! Hold it for me, k? :P

And Jeff, bring the Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEZ

OP Offline
what else can i do for you ...?????????????

Hey when will you be down again.. soon? smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.