Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#340691 06/09/09 12:19 AM
B
B S P Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I was waiting for the 5.50 water taxi from Belize City to arrived here at Caye Caulker,then to go on to San Pedro, a full boat, but to incluld, I beleave some 12 handcuffed prisoners,all seem to be making there selves known in very lould manner, my point is what do the tourest think having to travel with then,do the Police give this any thought?

S
S
You have a good point but they don't have much choice, it would be too expensive to transport them any other way.

Could you not feed them to the sharks?

S
S
Wishful thinking.

T
T
As soon as the water taxi guys in CC knew about this they should have begun informing any ticketed and/or potential passengers about the prisoner transport so those who could might make other arrangements.

S
S
At that time of day there are no other arrangements.

C
C
So, am I reading this correct... the water taxi was bringing prisoners FROM Belize City TO San Pedro? It is usually the other way around, they are taking prisoners off the islands to go to Belize City or from Caye Caulker to San Pedro for an arraignment, and then on to Hattieville to be locked up. I have never seen prisoners going in the other direction. Strange.

I think they have to return for their hearing in the place they supposedly committed the crime.

B
B S P Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Pehaps the police should charter a boat for THERE sole use, use there own boat or whatever but the public should not have to sit next to or traval with these people,in these numbers !
Surley The Water Taxi Ass. do have a say in this.

R
ron Offline
R
Not sure about San Pedro but the Caye Caulker police boat isn't always available for prison transport. Often they are out on some other activity. Also, the police boats aren't always in running order. I doubt the Water Taxi Association has much say in whether the police use their taxi's to transport the prisoners. Perhaps a special boat for just prisoners should be purchased with the proceeds left in the council's budgets. Personnaly, I think they should have to swim to court.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day