Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#342037 - 06/21/09 11:48 PM Searching for stolen Golf cart
SnoopysMom Offline
Hi Everyone (this is a request to anyone on the island)

Our golf cart was stolen last night during Lobsterfest parked by Estelle's (it was unlocked). It is a 2 seater, gas powered, white with "Coldwell Banker" decal. It also has a pink ribbon sticker on the front fender.

We understand from the police that stolen carts are usually taken on joy rides and abandoned when the gas runs out. We have looked all over town, but no avail - if anyone happens to see it stranded, please call 670 - 3684 or the Police.

Thank you!

#342044 - 06/22/09 01:27 AM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: SnoopysMom]
SP Daily Offline
Suggestion: Go to the taxi stand by Tropic and offer a BZ$50 reward. They usually locate a missing cart within minutes...

#342045 - 06/22/09 02:04 AM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: SP Daily]
SimonB Offline
Good suggestion! Never tried that one. We usually send out a chain call and get a bunch of people driving around with baseball bats (haven't lost a cart yet).

#342194 - 06/23/09 05:11 PM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: SimonB]
SnoopysMom Offline
It worked - thanks Jesse! It was at the boatyard, had already been stripped of the decals and was headed toward Belize city...

#342204 - 06/23/09 06:28 PM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: SnoopysMom]
skippy Offline
Interesting. Tell us how you found it it was headed to Belize City. Even though it's possible that whoever got the $50 also was the thief or knew who did it, that you have it back is great. Suggests an organized venture in any event.

#342208 - 06/23/09 07:22 PM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: skippy]
Peter Jones Offline
I find that a bit worrying.

#342209 - 06/23/09 07:40 PM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: Peter Jones]
SnoopysMom Offline
That it was "headed for Belize City" was the impression from several persons in the area - it was "found" in a garage type building - close proximity to a barge that routes to Belize City / mainland. Who knows? But the fact that it was stripped / all logos and decals were removed is a pretty bad sign that they had other plans for our cart (we barely recognized it!).

Oh, and the reward was $100 BZE.... I guess "cash is king"!

#342211 - 06/23/09 08:19 PM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: SnoopysMom]
skippy Offline
Well, I'm glad you got it back. Now that you know the drill, if it happens again, just head down to Tropic with the dough, maybe you'll get it back before the decals come off. Might be parked there.

#342212 - 06/23/09 08:21 PM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: skippy]
elbert Offline
Amazing story!
great advice Jessy

#342213 - 06/23/09 08:24 PM Re: Searching for stolen Golf cart [Re: skippy]
SP Daily Offline
Originally Posted By: skippy
Well, I'm glad you got it back. Now that you know the drill, if it happens again, just head down to Tropic with the dough, maybe you'll get it back before the decals come off. Might be parked there.

HUH??? What did Tropic ever have to do with this??? The only mention of them was location of the taxi stand near there.
Be careful who you slander with your inaccuracies!!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.