Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#343004 06/30/09 11:32 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Can anyone give me any info about this resort. We were just given a confirmation for a 2 bedroom thru Interval International yesterday because our reservations at Legacy were cancelled because they are updating/adding on to that resort. Pro's and cons...thanks so much. Looking forward to visiting Belize. Rich and Mari

- 7mi north from town - just south of Legacy.
- Bar, restaurant and tour shop on site.
- Older place but kept up reasonably well.
- Satellite internet and TV.
- Live entertainment at least once week.
- Island Ferry's northern depot - good transportation in/out of town.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
I'm a timeshare owner @ Costa Maya Reef. This past year they have really been redoing the rooms, they are alot nicer. Staff is wonderful. Good food @ restuarant. It is quiet up there, but we are in town alot, so I have the best of both worlds! Any particular questions PM me

Coco
N
OP Offline
N
Thank you all so much for the reviews...

We are staying in a two bedroom...are they generally on the top level? Is it hard to get a water taxi to town and does the resort provide any weekly trips to town for groceries? We are arriving on our 17th wedding anniversary..any great places to eat for special occasions? Was told we could kayak out to Mexican Rocks and snorkel with rays/fish...is this safe, swimming with rays by ourselves? Thanks so much for all your help...Rich and Mari

How much is the Island Ferry now to town from Costa Maya? Still US$26 roundtrip?

--Lan Sluder

WAY, WAY .WAY UP THERE .IF YOU WANT SECLUSION THIS MAY BE THE PLACE FOR YOU .MAYBE????????? GROCERIES CAN BE PRE ORDERED FROM LAGNIAPPE SEE THIS BOARD SIMON DOES A GREAT JOB FOR PEOPLE .BUT AGAIN IT IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAY UP NORTH .WAY TO FAR FOR MOST FOLKS . JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Capt. Jeff, my point exactly. That is why we did not want to stay at Costa Maya. Too expensive to get into town, to far from town and the amenities at the resort weren't stellar(not enough to do to keep us occupied, etc.). If we had been at Legacy, which was top notch, it would have been less of an issue.
As it is: We are at Brahma Blue(nicer resort) AND know we can get to other places much more easily.

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
It is safe to kayak out to the reef. Just be very careful of the reef - not only for you sake but for the health of the reef. The only danger from sting rays is from stepping on them in the sand so watch where you put your feet - that goes for anyplace in the sea. I think they have kayaks for your use so you can go almost any time you want.

There are lots of very good places to eat up north. If you are not into the party scene you should like it up there. Much quieter than in town.

We all have our preferences.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
yes,Lan - to go that far north - (last year cost over $50US for us & our 2 boys ONE WAY- i was stunned) and at least 30 minutes ride if on the public boat that stops all up the way. too rich for our blood, as are most of the places to eat up there. real, real pretty, though.

like harriette said, if you can afford and want seclusion, it's lovely up there.

none of the places you mentioned are very convenient to town. brahama is on the lagoon side - it says ocean front or beach front or whatever and looks real pretty, but it does not face the reef and is still only accessible by boat. does anyone know - is there only one place to eat over there without heading to town??

for all your wasted time & aggravation spent already, i woulda just told II where to stick it and booked a couple of rooms at the palms/ victoria house, bbeach, banyan bay - wherever - or more likely booked a private house and thrown the stress in the trash and had a nice party. "f" 'em. WAY WAY too much crap FOR A VACATION!!! (are we having fun yet?) as always, just my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.