Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

P
P
Sounds slightly controversial.

Unfortunately this seems to be the state of affairs all over the place. The funding for children's protective services are being cut by governmental officials that need to find ways to balance budgets. Many of the officials believe the services can be streamlined but don't realize the dire position they leave the children and the service providers.

I am licensed as a teen foster care provider, general foster respite provider and as a daycare provider and know the desperate situation many of the children come from. I also understand the funding streams as I am on the school board here as well (speaking of governmental official). I have plenty of opportunity to talk with our congressmen/women and senators.

I hope and pray things will turn around. It does take a village to raise a child - maybe we need to start watching out for each other again. hmmm

It's great to be .....

T
T
It is controversial.
The unfortunate and controversial circumstances were discussed in some detail here a few months ago.

Somehow I managed to let this one slip past me. There are so few good facilities available in Belize to care for children. This is terrible. I was aware of the work done by the Liberty Foundation a few years ago and have heard on many occasions that they offer an excellent level of care. I haven't heard about the other home but I do know that these places are desperately needed. The children of Belize are the future of Belize and are so precious. This makes me very sad.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

My reasons for first visiting Belize a couple of years ago was to start processing international adoptions of Belize children to the US. I run an international Adoption Agency licensed in NC and SC (USA) and Hague Accredited according to the US Dept of State Federal Regulations. I am in the process of helping 2 people adopt from Belize. I have tried to assist to provide funding for these types of places but due to the way the US thinks and Belize they seem to look down on adoption. I have told officials that if I could place children for adoption part of the adoption fees could be sent to these homes to help children that will never be adopted.

I am trying to HELP... but when I go to DSS in Belize City they tell me they have no children to be adopted.

I am still trying to establish a relationship with them to help orphaned children.
Mary

mary
Mary, We have experiencd the same thing for many years now as well with the GOB. Conditions are poor, many children could be adopted out for much better lives but the GOB digs its heels in and makes it almost impossible. And only the children suffer.

P
P
If you look at what Madonna gets up to you can see why they might be cautious.

S
S
Please explain that comment

P
P
She has been doing her best to adopt children against the wishes of their family. The government of that country, and many other "expert" organisations throughout the world, believe that adoption away from the country and culture of the child is highly undesirable, only to be undertaken when there really is no other choice. Madonna seems to have been in it for her benefit, not the child's, and using her great wealth and (unrelated) fame to try to shortcut the process.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.