Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
http://www.7newsbelize.com/index.php#story9

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Maya Makes the Move

And while the CARICOM single market and economy is trying to encompass the Caribbean, one local airline is reaching out into Central America. This afternoon Maya island air held its inaugural flight from the Phillip Goldson International Airport to Guatemala City and Cancun.

Senior Government Officials, including three ministers of government, were confirmed for the inaugural flights. The Chairman of the Belize Tourism Board Gatch Guerrero, spoke to us about the importance of the flight. :...

Gaspar Guerrerro, Chairman BTB

"This evening when we arrive in Cancun at 7:00 we are meeting with the Mexican counterparts and then tomorrow morning at 8:00 the opening ceremonies in Cancun will be addressed by the Governor of the state of Quintana Roo, Felix Gonzalez. And after him, we have Minister Erwin Contreras who will do the welcome for us and then we head back to Belize for the official opening ceremonies of Maya Island Regional. We've been waiting for this connection for a very long time. It's a demand that you know it will be a great thing for tourism in Belize. We have connection, so many flights coming into Cancun from Europe and South America and people can take advantage and come to Belize. I guess we've been waiting for this kinda service, actually we've been looking for flights from Europe and people don't like to overnight. So, I hope that this will help. I understand Cancun has 52 internaitonal flights that arrive there, so let's hope that we can get some of those tourists to come to Belize."

Our 7news crew of Keith Swift and Cody Norales were on the flight to Guatemala and we will have a word on how it went in that country's capital city in tomorrow's newscast. And while our team is on the Guatemala flight, former Prime minister Said Musa and former Housing Minister Ralph Fonseca, consultant for Maya Island Air, left on a similar flight heading to Cancun.

OP Offline
sounds like it's still on to me.

C
C
Maya Island is advertising on TV that if you book a 2nd flight it is $99.

OP Offline
Then that saves another $25 from the savings I posted in this thread. Nice.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.