Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#344070 - 07/08/09 10:58 PM More Planned Power Outages...
Short Offline
Just received...

Originally Posted By: BEL
Good afternoon, kindly be advices of the following scheduled power outages that will be taking place this weekend July 11 & 12 and next weekend July 18 & 19, 2009.

July 11, 2009 will be Feeder 3 this is all of Boca Del Rio (starting from Harmouch Center) to North Ambergris (last resort that is energized by BEL)
It will commence at 6:00am until 2:00pm

July 12, 2009 will be Feeder 2 this is from Harmouch Center all of Pescador Dr and all area up to Maya Island Air Terminal inclusive San Pedrito Subd. extends to Blake St., San Pablo Subd., Escalante Subd., This will commence at 6:00am until 12:00Noon

July 18, 2009 will be Feeder 1 which is all of Barrier Reef Dr. This will commence at 6:00am until 12:00Noon

July 19, 2009 will be Feeder 4 which is all of Angel Coral Dr from Hol Chan Office, Coconut Dr., to the end of the line @ Boca Ciega. This will commence at 6:00am until 12:00Noon

Please feel free to contact the office if you have any questions.

Belize Electricity Ltd.
San Pedro Branch
Phone: 226-2016

#344077 - 07/08/09 11:36 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: Short]
Gela Offline
Well it's getting closer to my trip. I guess I'll pack the portable fan, flashlight and extra batteries smile

#344247 - 07/09/09 11:08 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: Gela]
Short Offline
Well, as these outages are meant to improve the infrastructure, I hope that the portable fan, flashlight and batteries will not be necessary. That being said, today we had an unplanned outage from 6am till 7:20.

#344517 - 07/11/09 10:23 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: Short]
SimonB Offline
FINALLY! After 15 hours of power outages in the north end we have power.

I truly feel sorry for all the losses that the stores and restaurants must have incurred because BEL didn't have the decency to postpone the scheduled outage today after the 5 hour outage last night. I suggest that everyone with spoiled food take it to the BEL office and dump it on their doorstep on Monday morning and demand compensation.

#344518 - 07/11/09 10:25 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: SimonB]
Barnacle Offline
that's a sure sign that the infrastructure in the country is progressing when you advance from 'outages' to 'planned outages'.

#344521 - 07/11/09 10:30 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: Barnacle]
HOT_Card Offline
And I'm told that from the roundabout at Richie's going south on Middle Street will be out tomorrow from 9am to 2pm!

#344523 - 07/11/09 10:51 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: HOT_Card]
Diane Campbell Offline
Originally Posted By: HOT_Card
And I'm told that from the roundabout at Richie's going south on Middle Street will be out tomorrow from 9am to 2pm!

I think it's from 6 am - 2 pm - according to the list in Short's original post --- check it out for more good news.

#344526 - 07/11/09 11:25 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: HOT_Card]
samba para ti Offline
Ya...it's getting bad! The BEL is a joke! I guess i made the right decision 3 months ago to sell my Condo and live on my boat. Now i don't have to worry about any "Planned"....or "Unplanned" outages!

--------------------------------------
"I only fish on days that end in "Y" smile

#344528 - 07/11/09 11:38 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: samba para ti]
beachbumin Offline
They truly suck. In addition to the loss of perishables, the loss of electric appliances over the last year of power spikes, brown outs, planned and unplanned is staggering. At one point you could file a claim with the BEL for your loss that was attributable to their negligence. Wonder if anyone has ever collected. Unfortunately this is what you get with a monopolistic utility that the government is afraid or powerless to tackle.

#344529 - 07/11/09 11:41 PM Re: More Planned Power Outages... [Re: beachbumin]
shuffles Offline
Oh, you can still FILE a claim.......getting paid is another thing altogether!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,359 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.