Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
So two questions...

1. What ever went in at the old Island Perk location?

2. If I remember, the new Island Perk opening was targeted for July sometime. Is that still on track or is it already open?

W
W
1. Still building the bar
2. No Mas til find new location. Ask ChicaBlanca

OP Offline
I thought they had a new location selected on middle street. Some old real estate office or something.

S
S
Location didn't work out. Apparently (and wisely) holding off until things pick up a bit.

S
S
But what is the future/ who is working on the old location? Lot's of activity going on there.....

P
P
No idea, but I see the old Island Perk sign is still there (or was a few days ago).

What's going up at the old location is remarkably similar to what was there before. Just in different materials.

I didn't see the new Island Perk sign yesterday when I drove by.

C
C
I heard a rumour that Evo is taking over the old Island perk location, but that it won't be open for a while.

P
P
The Island Perk sign is still hanging where it was, on the side street. Saw it an hour ago.

P
P
Who is Evo?

Elmo's evil twin

[Linked Image]

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
C
C
Evo owns the internet cafe and espresso shop south of Fido's and the park on the west side of the street, I think it is called Caribbean Connection. His name might be spelled Ivo, I'm not sure.

Just drove past the proposed new location and there is work going on - new window, outside painted, decorating inside - but no indication what/who is going in there and the IP sign that was in the window has gone.

This is just what I heard (can't swear to the accuracy of all aspects though):
Rene Casta�eda and Peter Lawrence managed to take the lease away from "Island Perk Colleen", and initially succeeded (there was some uproar about that in town at the moment).
Then the landlord found out that Peter Lawrence was involved and canceled their lease. Colleen had already moved on at that moment and lease went to the next person who happened to be Ivo. He is a good guy, who deserves a fair chance!

P
P
Hi Beachboy you are close. Rene and Peter did not "take" Colleens lease away. The lease was over and for whatever reasons the landlord had decided to get a new tenant. There was a bid by Rene for the lease but nothing was ever signed or agreed to. You are correct in the fact that when the landlord heard the Peter may be involved that the lease was given to someone else.
Ivo makes great coffee at his internet shop and he is working hard to make the new space look great and be more functional. He is even changing the slippery tile. I am sad to hear that Colleen will be waiting a while before opening as I will miss her coffee but I can understand her reasons for doing so. I can't wait for her new location to open up wherever and whenever that maybe.

Last edited by purdygrl; 07/11/09 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.