Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Cayemen Offline OP
OP Offline
The Government build for a large amount and useful and expensive Doppler Radar for short therm forecast.

Since over two weeks, there a non new Doppler Radar
Images on the Government Web pages.

The last Doppler Radar Image is dated from the 29. June 2009.
There is still a weather Forecast

Its very concerning when the Belize Meteorological Service has a new Doppler Radar and in the hurricane Season they are not able to present actual data.

Belize Meteorological Service, Latest Radar Image

I don't believe the government paid for this project - it was a gift/grant from NOAA and some other organizations - they are still ironing out the kinks. I don't think the doppler radar is broken - there are some glitches in the soft ware that links to the website.

If you need info from the met office you can call them and speak to a meteorologist. We didn't have a doppler system later year or in the years before and the met office still made excellent forecasts and reports - although it would be convenient to have the system up and running, it doesn't mean that the met office will do a worse job than they have done in the past.

S
S
As with your complaint about the radio station not being in English. Wouldn't it be better for you to contact the individuals who are responsible and let them know your concerns. Posting here isn't going to get you far.

S
S
Sometimes the complainers don't want solutions...

S
S
Silly me.

Cayemen Offline OP
OP Offline
Mostly the complainer want's a solution.

Sometimes i helps to go public to put some pressure on the case.

5 minutes a day to post a new radar picture on a official meteorological site, should not be to much work to ask for, even when they have to post the files by hand.

Mystery is the spice of life....

Remember the old days when we only knew a big blow was coming because the signs were recognized by the old fisherman - the sea state, the behaviour of the sea life, the feeling in the bones... we have certainly come a long way since those methods. Waiting another month for the doppler to be up and running isn't really a big deal.

We have spoken to the met office and they hope to be up and running at the end of the month.

T
T
I spoke with the Met service and they are having some issue with the software that uploads the image. It has been a problem for sometime but now it is broke. I asked if there was a timeline and the answer was not one I wanted to hear which basically means "right now".

We have never had it in the past and I was not betting my life on it going forward.

Thats the way it goes!

S
S
Tell them to post all the relevant information and a description of the problem here. Bet we could get it fixed in no time.

S
S
WE?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 273 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.