Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
OP Offline
A
So? My husband and I would like to spend a month in Belize in March 2010. He is a mechanic/ handyman/ mari-time operator and has more energy than I'd like to admit and would need some kind of labor to do if we stay that amount of time. We would be interested in exchanging housing for labor. Whatever is needed. He would be willing to work 30-40 hrs./wk. I'm not interested in violation of labor laws / visa regs... just a genuine need. We have two young children and need the location to be approriate. If you know any such situation- rsvp-

Last edited by aquagirl131; 07/13/09 07:27 PM.
S
S
"I'm not interested in violation of labor laws / visa regs... just a genuine need."

Nice attitude!

Last edited by SimonB; 07/13/09 09:15 PM. Reason: Toned it down a bit.
S
S
Grinch!

S
S
Wonder what they would say if I posted the same thing in their hometown (especially if I was born in Central America).

S
S
MYOB Simon!

E
E
Simon, you are a friend, but you need to take a deep breath and ease up

S
S
Sorry, but after seeing all of the difficulties that Belizean friends of mine have encountered just entering the US or Canada (not a chance) never mind working there it ticks me off when someone explicitly says they are looking for work here no matter the laws. If they were asking for advice on permit requirements it would be a whole different ballgame.

S
S
Been to the US lately?

i have to agree with simon...i wish that the u.s. had the same rules as belize does...anyone can come in and have more rights than the citizens do....belize on the other hand, doesn't want anyone that can't sustain themselves for a year...another burden per se...u have to go thru the process, and once you do!!!!i tried for residency back in 2004, and failed, cuz i listened to others, instead of myself...i have another shot now and i will make it this time...u have to abide by the rules, don't cut corners....

Simon, you delivered food to Rykat and you didn't take advantage of the situation? Or maybe you did. You'll have to tell me in person. Don't every try to have a rational discussion with rabidly mean and irrational people. It is pointless.

Kerry. Good luck with your next residency attempt. I'll miss the grits but we'll be glad to have you back in Belize.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.