Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#345293 07/17/09 01:47 PM
reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Of course it has happened. As soon as everyone discovered the boogies in Belize were over, my phone calls and e-mails are off the charts for people wanting to attend a "VI".
The deal maker will be some financial assistance from the GOB/BTB. I have requested $75,000bz (always ask for more than you need). The money would distributed to Belizean business owners, not my company. This would cover fuel, a fuel truck, the barge ride for it, the welcoming dinner, the safety boat and dock fuel, etc. Skydive Perris is raising the cost of the ferry fee for the Shark. Without sponsorship I can't host the event. Pat has flown the plane down for dirt cheap in the past but needs to charge a bit more to cover the hours it logs.
The return on the investment as you all know will be tremendous. If I can keep the cost of the package deal down, that enables the jumpers to spend more $$$'s on dinner, SCUBA, tours, etc. I would be looking at bringing about 130-150 people for 10 days, February 20-March 1, 2010.
I have spoken with Dionne Miranda at BTIA and Minister Heredia. I will be phoning Tracy Trager at BTB next week to have this taken to the BTB board.
There are two main events I compete with. The 500 person world record attempts(yes, 500 skydivers in one formation!)will be next January in Thailand. The organizer for that event gets free aircraft(C-130's) and fuel from the Thai goverment.
The Puerto Rico event each February is sponsored by the government. They pay to ferry three ariplanes down from Chicago. They had 350+ skydivers there this year for four days.
It has grown impossible to host an exotic skydive boogie without assistance. Thanks again to MANY of the generous folks in San Pedro that have helped over the years. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck!!! The GOB "should" jump on board especially with the slowdown in tourism but let's see if they do...

Happy to hear that,
I gave your info recently to some guests/skydivers that stayed here. When you need help, don't hesitate to email me.
Jan

Reaper, you have done an exceptional job promoting Belize. I still own a company there, and when/if I return to revive it, it will partly be because of people like you still being around. The GOB should recognize the value of your activity, but unfortunately not much the Government does makes any sense, unless it has changed during the 9 months I've been away + I assume there are little money to contribute once the numbered accounts have been fed.
If the event was taking place during low season, you would surely be able to get almost free rooms just for the bar business, but maybe the weather condtions wouldn't work for you. I don't know anythng about skydiving.
Anyway, when I had my old place, it was a pleasure to have you all visiting, and losing your activity would be a great loss for the island/country.
Hope it'll happen in '10. Not much I can do to help, but if you need assistance with e-mail/facebook/myspace etc. promotion I'm there for you.

reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Jan, an official SPBA phone call to Tracy at BTB would be a good start. Thanks!
Ebbe, slow season doesn't work because all of the jumpers I bring are jumping back home. Winter is best for the Canadians and Northerners looking at their parachutes next the the snow shovels!

reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
It's official. There will be a #6. February 20- March 1, 2010. I will announce it here formally on Monday. I'm still updating my website. I am going to be calling on some of you for some favors. The fence poles currently in the landing area will be gone. If I don't get 75 jumpers by Oct. 15 I will cancel, however we have nearly 48 signed on already. It appears this may be the biggest event to date. I have truly lost my mind...

More to follow.

That is great news Rich. We hope it all works out. Call if you need anything - if we can help we will.

can we get a whole bunch of Lemon Crush Belize bikini clad jumpers? Might make it even more interesting! laugh

C
C
Rich in a bikini?, pretty scary

reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Me in a bikini IS scary!! hahahaa!

Here is an update on the boogie. It is a for sure GO. I have had a great response and we will be back to the old numbers again, around 100 participants.

I will be phoning some of you for help with a few items. Calls to Minister Heredia would also be helpful. I have asked the BTB for financial assistance. PM me if you have any questions or can help out in any way.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.