Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#34566 03/01/01 06:38 PM
J
J
Has anyone ever tried those electronic mosquito repellers????? they are about 3 inches long & a little bigger around than the AA battery they run on. They clip on your belt or pocket. they are made by Coleman(big camping people)... Just wondering.......
John

JLS
#34567 03/01/01 10:16 PM
M
M
We agree with munichchick- were there last September-it rained almost every night(but never during the day).Skeeters (or something)were biting only at night, but were worse when it was still and no breeze. We found these great moist towelettes at a local drug store that had bug repellent in them. Rubbed them on our arms and legs before we sat outside, and we were fine.The ones that did get us (mostly on our ankles/legs) did itch like a sun of a gun, however. As most have already said, take benadryl cream,cortizone cream, and my favorite and best remedy for bug bites- rhuligel- expensive, but worth it. In the scheme of things,it was nothing compared to the great time we had! I had the worst bug bites ever in Punta Cana,Domincan Republic when we were there this past January.

Mary and Scott
#34568 03/02/01 09:28 PM
L
L
I am a mosquito magnet and I fear that I might get bitten all week when we are there (we are going March 16-23). How is the mosquito level @ our time on AC?!

#34569 03/05/01 01:03 AM
B
B
Mr. B,
I have stayed at Ramons 6 times now, the mosquitoes are not bad around Ramons. They are worse on the lagoon side, and on the mainland.

#34570 03/05/01 11:18 PM
M
Mr B Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Belize Kid. You said you have stayed at Ramons 6 times. When was the last time? Please give me an overview of your impressions. Beach, pool, rooms, bar etc...Have a seaside upper level cabana reserved. Breakfast is included in the price...

#34571 03/10/01 02:27 AM
P
P
I returned from San Pedro Feb. 20 after ten fine days and did not suffer from not using bug repellent except for the very last day. My friend and I took a golf cart South of town to see what there is to see. We were way South and sundown was approaching. The mosquitoes begain an attack that could not be endured for long. The lack of a good place to turn around and the need to know the reason for the small fires ahead drove us further South. We rounded some vegetation to find further progess South blocked by a house construction site. We just had time to take this in and to observe a shack occupied by several people. This guy comes running out and (unnecessarily)informs us that this area is thick with mosquitoes. In his hand is a bottle of mosquitoe repellent that he immediately offers. At that time and that place there was nothing that could be more welcome than that bottle. I always think of this little episode as typical of my encounters with the good people of Ambergris Caye.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.