Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
tcoats Offline OP
OP Offline
Have been to SP four times now...we are hooked!

Have stayed at places over $100/night but want to try something under $100 this time. Here is what I found:

SpinDrift at $92.40/night
Holiday Hotel at $95.00/night
Ruby's at $60.00/night
Conch Shell at $79.00/night
Lily's at $65.00/night

I know where all are located (i.e. in town and right on the beach) but haven't seen inside any of the rooms. We don't want to be kept up late at night by loud music (like one lovely place we stayed near Wet Willy's....)

For example: SpinDrift near Pier Lounge, and Lily's and Conch Shell near Cholo's. Is there loud music into the night coming from Cholo's or is it just a bar?

I hear that Conch Shell has been comletely refurbished last year. We want on the water, in town, clean and safe.

Any input on these places? Thanks!

I stayed at Conch Shell back in February. The noise from Cholos stopped around midnight, but the noise from the dive shop is early morning. You will hear the clanking of the tanks and rock music loud enough for you to sing along. It didn't bother me, but you should be aware. The room doesn't have AC unless you pay them $10/day extra. Then they connect a portable unit (I think on wheels). We didn't use the AC, just had the ceiling and standing fans on full blast all the time (and the shutters open). I was staying on the top floor (Room #4). These units have a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. The sink in the kitchen area is the only one. The toilet and shower are in a separate room.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
tcoats Offline OP
OP Offline
That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thanks!

F
F
We were at Conch Shell (room #3) at the end of June and had a wonderful time. It was great and would stay there again. We paid the $10 for the AC, but I am not sure it helped much, and may opt for open windows and fans next time.

I've stayed at Ruby's twice in the beach front rooms, w/ac, for $60/night. 2nd floor rooms are the only way to go. The 1st floor rooms get noisy early because of the deli/coffee opens around 6. The rooms are very basic and in need of some maintenance, but are clean and safe. There is no tv, telephone , internet or frig. They may have a cooler available, but you will need to buy ice every day. I had no problem and found it very convienent to have coffee, jonny cakes and fruit just a few steps away. The hotel staff were very nice. I was on the go all the time so I didn't hang out in the room, but I was on the porch enjoying Belikins every afternoon and of course the early morning coffee.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
I ended up getting a great deal at The Mayan Princess and moving there for the rest of my trip. Call them and ask for a deal. Their regular price is $100 so anything you get will be less and you will love it.

Also, as a side note about Conch Shell, the hotel manager Alex recently passed away. I'm not sure how this will effect service. If they hire a good manager, many of the issues that I ran into could be fixed. Not sure if that will be in place before you arrive however.

G
G
Try this. 1 br condo on the beach, daily maid service, a/c in bedroom ceiling fans elsewhere, $87.50/night, 7th night free.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=17.926894...;m=b&show=/1556343/Seven-Seas-Resort

S
S
We are not on the beach, located instead just south of Woody's Wharf on the 2nd row, Chez Caribe has studios equipped with Queen Bed and efficiency kitchennettes for as low as $ 50.00 per night. Safe, secure, clean, and friendly, we are a travelers destination. It is always good to have another option.

T
T
Lilys is right on the beach great price,well recommend."Live a little" stay on the beach.

B
B
Tooting my own horn:

Rates: April 13th, 2009 Through December 24th, 2009

Private Balcony Rooms 1 Bath $75 US per night.

Courtyard Suite 1 Bed/1 Bath $90 US per night.

9% hotel tax is additional.

Breakfast is included.

Transfers to and from the San Pedro airstrip are included.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.