Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
An Israeli company has developed a revolutionary new drug that could solve the problem of Colony Collapse Disorder, the disturbing syndrome that has been wiping out bee communities and threatening agricultural production all over the world.

The drug, Remembee, which was developed by Beeologics, has completed successful clinical trials on millions of bees in North America. Not only has it proved effective in maintaining bee health, but it also improved the longevity of bees and increased the honey in the hives.

Based on Nobel prize-winning RNAI technology, Remembee helps the bees overcome IAVP virus, also discovered in Israel, which has been associated with colony collapse in scientific literature. "It's really a tug of war between the virus and the host. We are helping the bee tug the rope more strongly and beat the virus. We take
advantage of an immune system that the bees elicit for viral disease. But we are really using naturally occurring phenomenon. It's not a
pesticide and it's not toxic," says Nitzan Paldi, CTO of Beeologics.

The US Department of Agriculture has been accompanying Beeologics with its FDA certification process due to the urgency of the need for the drug.

bee readin this, mon

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
...as if the bees need this crap on top of the GMO hybrid seeds pervading the earth.

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
Think it's a conspiracy?

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
I think it's stupid and a waste of the bees' time.

...and the bees authorized you to speak for them, and how they choose to use their time??

ROFL! that's an interesting conclusion jane, but not altogether unexpected. i responded to skippy's inquiry to me by stating my opinion about the matter. i'll leave you to further advocate on behalf of the worlds' bees, perhaps they disagree with my take on things. i trust you will let us know LOL

P
P
The destruction of the world's bee population is a very serious matter for agriculture and the environment. Let's hope that this vaccine is all that it's cracked up to be.

Mind you, how do you get a hyperdermic into something so small? grin

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by iluvbelize
I think it's stupid and a waste of the bees' time.

What it is, is another stunning technological breakthrough by Israeli scientists, a gift to the world. Meanwhile the scientific advancements by the sworn enemies of their existence are nil, still, to this day. What a world.

So we disagree.

just playing devil's advocate here, (my favorite past-time), and changing subjects completely, i believe they did give us Arabic numerals, mathematics & the abacus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.