Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I have used many homeopathic remedies but also have a great belief and confidence in conventional medicine too.

Dr. Tina isn't here, hasn't been in a while and may not be for a long while. There is no homeopathic clinic or practitioner operating a business on the caye at this time.

There is a place in this world for natural remedies and modern medicine - I simply don't believe either should be exclusively used and depended upon.

I would love it if you would bring me the homeopathic remedies to ward off reinfection of dengue. I don't want to get dhf.

M
M
Fogging is not always the most effective way to control the mosquito population.

When I was employed as a Technical Advisor on a malaria & dengue vector control program in Asia, we also used a larvicide that was applied to permanent and semi-permanent wet areas to kill mosquito larvae. The biological agent used is Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis (Bti), and has been safety tested by the World Health Organization and the U.S. Environmental Protection Authority. It works by infecting the larvae after being ingested and remains active for a maximum of 2 weeks after which it completely breaks down. Bti is not toxic to animal life, except mosquito larvae, so can be applied to drinking water.

In 2005, I visited the vector control centre in Corozal, and they were aware of this method, though I'm not sure if it's actually being used. So this agent should be available in Belize.

However, I think one of our most effective controls was an education program where we went into each neighbourhood and ran an information session.

Indeed the public health department does use larvicides - administered by the health inspector.

The education program is ramping up and the hope is to attack this problem from many different angles.

S
S
Does anyone spray north of the bridge? Or is it just in town?

P
P
Originally Posted by Barbara K
Good homeopathic remedies for malaria too! ;-) Do a search here, I have been over it ad nauseam....

Are these to prevent getting it, or to cure it once caught?

Both.

I didn't know Dr Tina was no longer on the island. I wonder if the remedy kit is still at the clinic or is the whole clinic shut down? Anyway I will be bringing the 2 main remedies for dengue prevention (and treatment). I will send them to your office Amanda. Wish I had stocked up more previously. I don't think I can get more before Monday. But I will bring all I have in stock. Sure don't need dengue remedies here in central NY! It's hardly warm enough to even have mosquitos!

If anyone is so inclined...you can often get homeopathic remedies in good health food stores. Otherwise you can order on line from a number of places such as www.a2zhomeopathy.com or www.homeopathyovernight.com The main remedies you want are Eupatorium Perfoliatum & Ipecacuanha in 30 C or 200 C potency. The best way to take them as a preventative is put 2 or 3 pellets, or drops of liquid dilution, in a bottle of water and sip several times a day for at least 3 days before you go and daily while you are there or during "dengue seasonal outbreaks." Shake the bottle each time before you sip. No side effects and can be done in conjuntion with traditional medicine as well.

We've had a confirmed case in the Mata Grande area and the tourist had not visited the mainland or even spent much time in town. I'm guessing it came from right where she was staying in the Middle Island Area.
I haven't seen any campaigns against the mosquito on this part of the island.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
Pardon me for repeating my question....

Are there plans to spray North of the bridge or are the efforts strictly "in town"? I believe that someone did spray last year, but no sign of it yet in Tres Cocos. It is pretty rough right now.

S
OP Offline
S
The spray truck isn't allowed north of the bridge, right?

Town Board said when I asked-"not til the bridge is repaired"

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.