Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Belize and its Resorts Rank Among Best in the World

Thousands of travelers from around the world elected Belize's Ambergris Caye as one of the best islands in Central and South America, according to the 2009 Travel+Leisure "World's Best Awards." The destination ranked 2nd on the list, while Francis Ford Coppola's Blancaneaux Lodge, located in the Mountain Pine Ridge of the Cayo district, ranked 1st on the Top 10 Resorts in Central and South America list. Placencia's Turtle Inn and Victoria House on Ambergris Caye took 5th and 6th, respectively.

"We are honored to be ranked among the best destinations and hotels in the world by the discerning readers of Travel+Leisure magazine," said Tracy Panton, Director of Tourism for the Belize Tourism Board (BTB). "These awards are truly a validation of our country's sophisticated tourism offerings, balanced by our constant vigilance to preserve the endless beauty and diversity that make Belize unique."

Ambergris Caye has made a name for itself within the Travel+Leisure awards, placing on the Top 3 Islands in Mexico, Central and South America list for the past three consecutive years. Blancaneaux Lodge and Turtle Inn are also no strangers to the list, with Blancaneaux debuting 9th on the 2006 Top 25 Hotels in Central and South America list, and Turtle Inn ranking 6th in 2007. This 2009 World's Best award is the first nomination for Victoria House.

Since 1995, Travel + Leisure magazine has been presenting the World's Best Awards to the hottest properties around the globe. Winners are selected by the magazine's readers, who are asked to choose hotels and destinations worldwide that they feel are worthy of the "World's Best" title. The survey results are completely impartial and in 2009, thousands of readers participated.

Ambergris Today

secret's out!!! (damnit)

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Great photograph.
i think its grand that the building you see on the right , the largest one, is built resembling the original and on the same footprint as James Howard Blake's mansion from 1873.
On September 13th, 1869 Mr. James Humes Blake purchased the Caye for $625.00. It was his coconut plantation and that location and semblance of the current buildings design was his plantation mansion.
Ive wondered if it was a coincident the bank design was so.
love to hear from the architect and find out if they knew the history and picked that design because of it.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
they had to it seems like. twas sad to see the old building go. but it was losing it. they did well.

//ambergriscaye.com/photogallery/080501.html
//Ambergriscaye.com/photogallery/080815.html

H
H

damn!,,, looks crowded to me!

T
t42 Offline
T
No green

Hi Elbert - Jerry McDermott told me that the architecture for the bank was specifically intended to echo the Blake House / Barrier Reef Hotel. I too miss that grande old dame - but according to former owners, the termites were tired of holding hands and it was time for her to be laid to rest.

Elbert, your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
i only know what i read on ambergris caye .com :-)

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.