Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dsevny Offline OP
OP Offline
D
2005 Yamaha Golf Cart For Sale: Well Maintained, 4 Seater, Gas. $9500 Bz Or Best Offer.

[email protected]

Last edited by Dsevny; 08/21/09 01:03 PM.
B
B
does it come with permit?

D
Dsevny Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yes it does!!

can you email pics to [email protected]

B
B
If its still available a couple pictures would be nice. Please send to [email protected] or [email protected]

I was told permits were not transferable has this now been changed? or was I miss informed.

S
S
It was made pretty clear by announcements in the papers that they are not. The committee has changed since then but nothing has been announced saying that they are now transferable.

I've heard of people selling vehicles "with permits" but they just keep them in the sellers name and the ownership isn't transferred until the buyer gets a permit approval. If you don't get a permit approval though you're a bit screwed.

L
L
Screwed how? You would have a bill of sale for the cart when you buy it. It is not as though someone can come back and clain ownership of the vehicle. So I am not sure how this is a big problem. So the cart permit remains in the sellers name. I know a number of people who have golf carts with the permit in the sellers name. They get the proper tags every year, they insure it, but as they have not been able to get the permit in their name for one reason or another, the cart has just stayed in the sellers name. If the permit does not go with the vehicle is it useless? What do you do with the permit if the buyer has one?

S
S
If you believe in someone enough to give them money for something to which you cannot get title to go right ahead. A bill of sale means nothing to traffic without a permit.

"What do you do with the permit if the buyer has one" Nothing, you want a new vehicle you apply for a new permit, thems the rules. Permits are only good for 90 days in which time you must purchase a vehicle or ask for a one time extension. After that you have to re-apply. A permit only allows you to buy/import a vehicle, it has nothing to do with owning one.

L
L
So if I sell my cart......it is in my name, and want to buy the cart above then I must apply for a new permit for the specific cart I want to buy? How can I buy the cart then unless I know I have the permit for it? What if the cart sells, or I am denied the permit? I have to go through the whole thing again with a different cart? I bought mine 3 years ago, it was different then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 273 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.