Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#34674 - 02/12/01 05:38 PM water taxi from Belize City
B_b_f_b Offline
Ok, don't laugh, if I don't have to take one of the puddle jumpers will I be alright on one of the water taxis from Belize City to Ambergris. I don't like to fly on big planes, so a little one is not going to make me any happier. Will anyone who's taken the water taxi from Belize City to San Pedro, please let me know how your trip went and was it worth it. Thanks.

#34675 - 02/12/01 06:42 PM Re: water taxi from Belize City
Gela Offline
Becky, I know that you will survive the small airplane flight from Belize International to San Pedro. Just think of the time you will save not going on a 1.5 hour boat ride!
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#34676 - 02/12/01 07:01 PM Re: water taxi from Belize City
lmarquis Offline
I am not a big fan of flying at all, but I have to do it quite a bit for business. I am more fearful of the big jets than the small planes. I plan on having a Belikin right before I get in the puddle jumper and enjoying the ride!

#34677 - 02/12/01 07:51 PM Re: water taxi from Belize City
B_b_f_b Offline
Thanks, you all are quite convincing and I do appeciate the help, but is my luggage going to get soaked on the water taxi? Thanks again for any advice.

#34678 - 02/12/01 08:42 PM Re: water taxi from Belize City
deano Offline
not to worry Becky...catch the Andrea down by the swing bridge.leaves about 3:30daily .Its fully closed so you wont get wet..takes about an hour and is a pretty ride..If the weather is nice try the Thunderbolt, its an open boat but is faster.. it leaves a bit earlier around 1:00 I think..There are several others as well..just ask a cab driver at the airport as to what is leaving when. I;ve traveled to San Pedro both ways but always preferred the boat.

#34679 - 02/12/01 08:55 PM Re: water taxi from Belize City
B_b_f_b Offline
Thanks Deano, do you know how much I am going to have to pay? Yes, I am a chicken about the puddle jumper thing, but I also love boats, so I will still enjoy the boat ride.

#34680 - 02/13/01 12:30 AM Re: water taxi from Belize City
Jen O Offline
The boat ride SUCKS!
I personally love the ocean and boat rides, but it SUCKED soo bad. Remember its in the ocean, its not a very big boat, the waves make it a pretty choppy ride and trust me if you plan on doing any of the ruin sites or mainland tours you will have PLENTY of boat rides!
The small plane was only $22.00 US, it only took 10 minutes and it was an incredible view! And besides, you will be so excited to get to the island you wont want to wait!!
Have fun!!!

#34681 - 02/13/01 02:58 AM Re: water taxi from Belize City
Cinca Offline
I enjoyed the ride to CC, and thought it great!Yes, you are in a boat, and in the sea that is probably as warm as most baths, and as blue and green as you have never seen. No, the water is not necessarily calm as a duck pond, so what is? Enjoy your vacation, is it not about experiencing new things?

#34682 - 02/13/01 10:20 AM Re: water taxi from Belize City
asmooch Offline
Jen O: where do you get a plane ride over to San Pedro from the Belize Int'l airport for $22.00? Im paying 46.50 on Tropic Air one way!!

#34683 - 02/13/01 10:46 AM Re: water taxi from Belize City
Big Frank Offline
if you fly out of municipal airport, not international airport, the cost is about 1/2. Many in-country flights that go to international continue on to muni for no charge. The taxi to the water taxi is cheaper that way also.
The water taxi is cool, but...it can be sooo crowded and may seem interminable after a long day of travel. The old adage is "you haven't flown in the Caribbean until you've ridden co-pilot"; little kids or pretty girls always get to be co-pilot;-}
Remember, whichever way you go, there you are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.