BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#346654 07/29/09 05:44 PM
A
OP Offline
A
We are two young Australian girls who are looking for work on Caye Caulker, starting in early September.

We stayed on Caye Caulker for 3 weeks in July and want to come back to live and work for a while. We are wondering the prospects of foreigners gaining employment on the island.

I am hoping to do my Dive Master Training, but we are both happy doing any type of work.

ANY advice or information would be much appreciated.

We are looking forward to coming back to the island after finishing our travels in Central America.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

C
C
If you do a word search for work permits on the site, it will come up with lots of information.

To work legally in Belize you will have to have a work permit, which either your employer will need to get for you, essentially sponsoring you, or you will need to get for yourself. Prices range from $500 to $1500 U.S. per permit, for a year. The process takes about 6 weeks and starts by getting a letter of recommendation from the village council.

Regarding prospects for legal employment, I do not want to be a Debbie Downer, but the economy on Caye Caulker is not too good right now, so most jobs are going to Belizeans, or those who are coming with money to invest in Belize. However, you could get lucky and be in the right place at the right time and have a skill that can not be met with the local work force. It would be best for you to come with enough money to sustain yourself for your stay, and if you are able to find work, then great. It is a small island and everybody knows everyones business if you get my hint.

T
T
GREAT ADVICE, Cyber!!

F
F
Good advice.........Even in the USA.....I live on Hatteras Island..on the Outer Banks...Hurricane Magnet of the East Coast...and our business on the small Island is Bad..way way off......I run a charterboat for a living and have been doing so for 24 years on my own.. and it is as bad as i have seen it since starting my business,.....fishing is good,...weather has been OK,...but people are broke......Hell I went to CC last Oct. for 2 weeks and can't afford to come back this year.
The work on all small Islands be it Belize or the USA...should go to those that have lived there
Best vaction I have ever had,...fishing was great, everybody was friendly weather was good.....stayed at Haywood's place down by the Spit.........think about it every nite before I go to sleep
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hatteras,Oregon Inlet,Oriental,NC
Rudee Inlet.VA

G
G

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day