Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#34798 - 02/14/01 03:04 PM Golf carts or bikes
ginny Offline
I will be staying at Victoria House and it seems a little out of the way. Should I rent a golf cart? If so should I reserve it before I go? Does anyone rent bikes? Oh and from the airport how does one get to thier hotel if they decide not to rent a golf cart?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

#34799 - 02/14/01 03:11 PM Re: Golf carts or bikes
Big Frank Offline
I stayed at the resort next to V house, Caribe Island. I used their bikes for the 3 mile trip. They have a 2x daily free taxi service. I wouldn't rent a cart every day--maybe for the first day to get around.
Taxis are readily available for about $10 us to The Vic. La-de-da, The Vic is so cool, I envy you your trip

#34800 - 02/14/01 03:21 PM Re: Golf carts or bikes
ginny Offline
Thanks Big Frank, you seem to have a wealth of knowledge. I am glad to hear that information about Victoria. I bought the stay before I even know that much about it. DO you think I need to reserve the golf cart? if they even do that? I am not going during high season, I will be there at the end of May. I think it will make things easier on us if we do get it for the first day and then either use the bikes or taxis/shuttle like you said. It is so great to hear information about the place I am staying. Is there good places to drink and eat around there or mainly close to San Pedro?

#34801 - 02/14/01 03:22 PM Re: Golf carts or bikes
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Victoria House can arrange for your cart rental. Seems like when I stayed there a couple of years ago I rented one they had, but if they don't have their own for rent now they can arrange it for you. Ditto with bikes. Some hotels provide free bikes for guest use, but I don't think Victoria House does. You could check with them. I like to have a cart every day because when I'm on the island I have to do a lot of stuff and see people, but you probably don't need it all the time. Hotels often have shuttles going back and forth, or you can hitch a ride with someone else, take a taxi. And some days you may want to walk along the beach to town.

Usually hotels will have someone to meet your flight at the San Pedro airport. Just let them know when you're coming in. Or if you've had the hotel book your fligt from the international airport, they'll know when you will arrive. If not, you can take a taxi. Should be around US$5.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#34802 - 02/16/01 07:08 PM Re: Golf carts or bikes
Karen Pasquariello Offline
I use to work at Victoria House and at the time they had their own golf carts that they rented. You just went in and reserved it. They also had bikes that were free of charge to guests, however, they had to be returned before it got dark, there were no lights. They have a very nice bar and restaurant on site and if you walk into town, there are places along the way where you can stop for a drink. As Lan said, if VH knows your arrival time, they will pick you up on arrival. If you have more specific questions about VH, feel free to email me, I know the property, staff and management very well. My email is divensea@cobweb.net
Karen Pasquariello

#34803 - 02/17/01 11:39 AM Re: Golf carts or bikes
MIBAC Offline
Depends on how much you like to walk, we have got one for the week the last two times we have been to AC and have liked the freedom to drive into town and just pick up and go north or south. I like to explore and it makes it a lot easier to get around and it is not that expensive for the whole week. Have a great time and have a Belikin for me.

#34804 - 02/18/01 12:57 PM Re: Golf carts or bikes
ginny Offline
Thanks everybody! This really helps!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.