Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Does anyone have current information on taking bus from Belize City to Chetumal?

I Googled and did not have much luck.

Goal is to arrive in Chetumal at 9pm or 10pm Belize time (10pm - 11pm Mexico time)

Trying to find out if this is possible for Audrey as is stands with what she has found out so far she will end up in Chetumal with a 5 h wait for her next bus (which she is trying to avoid if possible)

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

M
M
If she wants to avoid the wait, then get she can get a bus from the Belize City bus terminal (commonly known as Novelo's) located on West Collet Canal.

The bus companies authorized to operate on the highway in the Northern Zone are NTSL, Belize Bus Owners Cooperative (BBOC), Chell, Gilharry, Russell, Tillett, T-Line and Venus. Northbound buses depart from Belize City about every half hour beginning at 5:30 am; last departure at 7:30 pm. Most are Regular buses, but there are a few Express buses throughout the day. Some buses continue to Chetumal, but if not, then simply change in Corozal to a bus going to Chetumal. I was told that the last departure from Corozal to Chetumal is 8pm, but some information shown on the schedule posted on the wall of the terminal differs from information received directly from a Corozal bus terminal supervisor.

A Regular bus from Belize City to Corozal is about 2.5 hours & BZ$9.00. An express is faster and a few $ more. The bus from Corozal to Chetumal is almost an hour; that's not because of distance, but it can take a while for a bus load of people to get through customs/immigration.

In Chetumal, buses arrive at Nuevo Mercado (about 1 km from the ADO terminal).

The Belizean buses are used Bluebird school buses; most of them are not very comfortable, not air-conditioned and are not well equipped to handle luggage, but they are cheap! The Express stops for passengers at Orange Walk and Corozal. The Regular stops anywhere along the route.

Check the NTSL website for updates:
http://www.nationaltransportbelize.com/schedule/district/?d=3

Have a look at the site I set up for bus travel:
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

OP Offline
Thanks for the info Mister good info. I actually found Belize bus when I was looking for info - nice site.

I showed Audrey your post and she said thanks as well. She has decided just to go the way that she knows and end up with waiting time in Chetumal.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

C
C
Here is what I would do if she has to go early. Since she probably has suitcases, I would go to the mall and leave my suitcases at the bag check area at the movie theatre. I would see a movie and relax in the air conditioning and comfortable seats until it was time to take a taxi to the bus terminal.

C
C
Chedraui also has a bag check area she can take her suitcases and they are open until at least 10 p.m., maybe even as late as 11 p.m.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.