Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
This is a great message board. I have been wanting to visit Belize since my brother spent time there 14 years ago.
Finally the right opportunity arose and I jumped onto the www to book tickets DISASTER!! everyone was quoting about $1000!! Too rich for my blood. Tried bidding on flights on skyauctions.com, fortunately I got outbid at the last minute on what would have been $700 tickets.
Then I found this site, surfed, followed up a couple of leads (both latindiscounters.com and flycheapol.com had good prices and availability) and paid $505 roundtrip out of Cleveland OH. Thanks to everyone who posted such great information if it had not have been for you I would have given up and settled for somewhere I didn't REALLY want to go!
I leave on the 28th for 9 nights at the Sunbreeze. I'm really Jazzed and hope to meet a few of you at Happy hour at BC's.

p.s. When I booked (about 2 weeks ago) flycheapol's web site was not working but someone here has posted the 1-800 number, I don't have it to hand right now.

M
M
Driver..wish we could be there, but won't be able to get back to AC until fall. AC is an awesome place....magical! You will love it! Try to eat at Papi's Diner, on the north end before the cut at the river..great food. Enjoy the magic!!

Mary and Scott
OP Offline
Thanks Mary (or is it Scott) I think I have already seen one of your postings and have made a note of Papi's as being worth a visit. Any other suggestions? Are you divers? If so who and where do you recommend?

I'm not Mary and Scott, but I am a diver and I recommend Papi's for a great meal and Amigos del Mar for diving.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

M
M
Mary here, of Mary and Scott(my hubby). We do not dive,so you should take the advice of others on the board. I can't tell you how much you will love this island. The people are so wonderful and friendly, and you can go anywhere,and eat anywhere in shorts, tee shirts and sandals.Besides Papi's, we enjoyed Celi's Deli on Front Street...great meat pies,tamales,wonderful things called Garnaches(?spelling) and Mayan burritos(made with a wonderful cheese filling), very inexpensive. We would load up on Celi's goodies and go back to our room and have a feast! We also enjoyed Estel's by the Sea for breakfast,although they were a little bit more expensive, but worth it for the view...tables right out on the sand if you want! We also ate from the street vendors, something we would never have done in Mexico, but we never had a problem with any food we ate in AC. Have a wonderful vacation!

Mary and Scott

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.