Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#34838 - 02/15/01 05:33 AM lobster
lances Offline
We will be arriving Sat. (Feb 17)
With lobster season over does that mean we can't get lobster even at Ramons??? I am bringing two women who will go nuts if they can't get lobster!!! Also, one is a Diet Coke addict and the other just as bad about Dr. Pepper... do I need to bring a stash for them??

#34839 - 02/15/01 03:59 PM Re: lobster
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
As I understand it, restaurants are not supposed to serve local lobster out of season even if it has been frozen, as it just encourages illegal lobstering (though I have seen it served out of season, and a few years ago there was a big squawk when it was served out of season at a government-sponsored banquet). Plenty of other great seafood, though.

There was just a recent thread on the availability of Diet Coke. Someone said stores occasionally run out, but in recent years I have never had any problem finding it in groceries in San Pedro and Belize City.
Dr. Pepper I don't know about as I don't drink it and don't pay attention to it, but it's probably available somewhere.

--Lan Sluder

#34840 - 02/15/01 04:39 PM Re: lobster
lances Offline
Thanks for the info. The girls won't be happy about that but I understand the reason.

#34841 - 02/15/01 05:18 PM Re: lobster
ga peach Offline
I am arriving in San Pedro Feb 21 for the first time and I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I am dissappointed about the lobster too. I was planning to take a snorkeling tour which was supposed to include a beach picnic, where the snorkelers catch lobster to cook. I was really looking forward to that. What about crabs and conch? Are they in season?

I will be staying at the Tropica Hotel. Any words of advice other than watch out for Joe Bloey?

#34842 - 02/15/01 05:43 PM Re: lobster
lances Offline
I think conch season starts when lobster season ends but you might someone who lives there like Barefoot Skinny.

#34843 - 02/15/01 05:58 PM Re: lobster
Parrothead Offline
lances:

The Diet Coke you can buy on AC is distributed by Belikin and is a half saccarin/half nutrasweet formula that does not taste anything like what your girls are used to. The Diet Pepsi is better. It is made in Mexico I think and it is the 100% nutrasweet formula. Tastes just like in the states. However, both of them cost about as much as a six pack of Belikin Regular - so, you decide.

Parrothead

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.