Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348743 08/19/09 02:20 PM
OP Offline
I just got an e-mail my Jack at Birdland that my well ran dry. Seems that a guy named Roger, who owns the property where the sink hole is located, decided to drain it into the ocean. As a consequence all the wells in the neighborhood ran dry.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
B
#342597 - 06-26-2009 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach
They will destroy every well within 1000 yards if they pump it out.
That shows extremely poor judgement and lack of concern for the area.

I doubt if your well is dry but it is probably very brackish as are your neighbors wells.
What he did was pump out all the fresh water before it occurred to him that he was trying to pump out the caribbean sea.
They may or may not recover but it will take a good rainy season to do it.
Sorry Harriette-he should have known better.

Thats the way the water table around here works. Your well can also turn to salt water from the sea water being pumped up onto land with dredging operations in the neighborhood or rocketscience engineers pumping salt from a hole that connects to the sea..
I wouldn't worry Rodger is in for a surprise when its rains this weekend, your well will come back and the hole will fill again.
maybe we should start a gringo education program so we don't suffer all the newbe screw ups.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
R
ron Offline
R
I doubt that elbert, most gringos are too smart to be educated when they leave the States. They are just to dang smart not to know everything.

ron #348763 08/19/09 04:07 PM
B
B
Hey Elbert
I was talking with old man Franchico Arceo and he said his grandfather told him there were 2 cenotes up the coast--1 where it is now and another one in the Mata Chica area.
They just fill up over time and through some seismic event they get washed out again and so on.

The one in the lagoon behind the windmill house has a whirlpool when the tide goes out that looks frightening. Will Nunez showed it to me and how you could just about pick the fish you wanted to catch when it did.
the water is clear and the fish are attracted to the funnel so you just hold your bait in front of the one you want and he bites.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.