Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by 2Aggies
I see your question now. Specifically, can you buy "One Barrel" in-bound duty free?

I don't think they care about duty free, only asking if it's available at the airport. I don't know that answer specifically.

I didn't check the price of liquor at BZE, but the woman that was standing outside the store trying to entice people to come in and buy, was stating that it was duty free. This is the store that's in front of baggage claim.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
There is NO duty on One Barrell. It is NOT imported. I wouldn't buy it at International because you have to put it in your checked in luggage. Just wait until you get to San Pedro and buy all you want and can drink while you're on the Island.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
J
J
Is One Barrel really coconut rum? It's some sort of interesting flavor, I thought of it more as vanilla. Panty rippers are too sweet for my taste, are they really made with One Barrel????

No - One Barrel is a dark aged rum. Coconut rum is a white rum which is much sweeter and (surprise surprise) is coconut flavoured.

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Great. We want the One Barrel and some coconut rum. Kuknat? Ooops. Maybe it isn't made by One Barrel, but if it isn't can we still get that at BZE or San Pedro Airport? Thanks so much!

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
One Barrel doesn't make coconut rum. Caribbean makes a coconut rum which if very good & I think there are a couple other local brands. Again, you'll find all you want on the Island!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
There are 3 different major rum makers in Belize, Travellers (1 Barrel, Tropical Coconut 34 proof, Kucunut 80 proof), Caribbean (their coconut leaves something to be desired) and Old Masters Coconut (80 proof), this is my personal favorite. The Tropical is typically used in Panti rippers, and is quite sweet as it is considered a liquer, where the Old Masters is not as sweet, but has a intense coconut flavor and is full 80 proof. Try them all and see what is your favorite. All is available on the island at the better liquor stores. I just tried to buy the Old Masters Coconut at Superbuy and they didn't have it. Enjoy...

Coleen

Beach bum, butterfly stalker, native plant enthusiast.
Actually, there are 3 "Barrel" rums made by Travellers. The least expensive is One Barrel, which has a very strong vanilla flavor (IMHO) and is aged 1 yr. Then, you have a step up with Three Barrel, aged 3yrs and doesn't have the strong vanilla flavor. Lastly, and most expensive, there is the premium Five Barrel, aged 5 yrs and the smoothest of the three, (my personal favorite.)

I don't care for 1 Barrel at all, I like the Carribean White the best.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.