Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
paupar Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Everyone,

I will be going to San Pedro next week and am looking to go on a small fishing trip where they cook your fish afterwards. Not looking for any crazy big game fishing either. Anyone know how much something like this would cost? I'm also spending one night on Caulker so is it cheaper in Caulker vs Ambergris?

I don't mind going with other people either.

Also I haven't booked any hotels/motels yet. My guess is that I will have some bargaining power with cash given that I'm going during the slow season? Is this safe to assume or should I be booking stuff now?

Thanks.

Paul

Last edited by paupar; 08/28/09 09:20 AM.
Finding a room next week should't be a problem. As for fishing trips with beach BBQ's, also not a problem. Just ask around, the prices for reef trips are all pretty close to the same the biggest factor or prices is how many people are going. It's a little cheaper if you have 4.

I paid $300 a few weeks ago for 6 people (4 adults and 2 kids) for a full day reef fishing & BBQ with snorkeling at Mexico Rocks too. Cap't was Goerge Reyna and it was arranged through Ramon's. He was excellent and we caught lots of snapper, small grouper, etc. We had a big BBQ up North and then had cleaned fish to bring home as well for a BBQ that night.

Hotel occupancy is very low and you will be able to find great deals and rates, especially with cash in hand.

Caye Caulker rates are less than AC in all regards (hotels, fishing, restaurants, etc) but AC has more going on and lots of great restaurants, more shops, nightlife, etc. Both very nice, fun places.

I suggest El Gato. The captain's name is Geraldo Badillo and his local phone numbers are: 602-8552 or 226-2264. His website is:
//ambergriscaye.com/elgato

We have used him three times. One time we did the full day fishing, snorkeling, swimming "cookout trip" for $80 each adult. He cooks whatever fish is caught, or conch or lobster caught, right there on the boat. He provides all the extra fixings...fresh tortillas, coleslaw, grilled potatoes and onions, tortilla chips, ceviche, and drinks... It is absolutely to-die-for delicious! I am craving it right now!

He will take you out privately as long as you have 4 paying people.

The prices, information, and photos are found on his website.
Prices in US $

P
paupar Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by tcoats
I suggest El Gato. The captain's name is Geraldo Badillo and his local phone numbers are: 602-8552 or 226-2264. His website is:
//ambergriscaye.com/elgato

We have used him three times. One time we did the full day fishing, snorkeling, swimming "cookout trip" for $80 each adult. He cooks whatever fish is caught, or conch or lobster caught, right there on the boat. He provides all the extra fixings...fresh tortillas, coleslaw, grilled potatoes and onions, tortilla chips, ceviche, and drinks... It is absolutely to-die-for delicious! I am craving it right now!

He will take you out privately as long as you have 4 paying people.

The prices, information, and photos are found on his website.
Prices in US $

Hmm it'll just be me and my girlfriend. I noticed that many of these fishing trips require a minimum of 4 people. Can you just call them up and ask you to pair with some strangers or do I have to find them myself somehow to book a trip?

Thanks.

Paul

pauper,
Just the two of you won't be a problem. When I go it is generally just myself and my wife. Sure it may cost a little more but I would rather spend the extra because as was said it can also be a snorkle trip. I have used several captains and have had a good time on all occasions.

It won't be hard meeting people to bring with you on the trip when you get there. It's easy to make friends in san pedro.

go to fishingsanpedro.com five of the best captains here and steve takes credit cards ..he will hook you up .cheap and more important with the real deal guides see prices on web site ..I fish here once a month and he does my bookings for me .steve is a nice guy .

Living The Dream Every Day!
Maybe I've lost my spirit of adventure, but I can't imagine landing at the SP airstrip with nowhere to stay. I don't see that you have great bargaining power when you drag yourself and your suitcases into a hotel lobby, sweating buckets, looking for a place to crash after a day-long trip. There must be a technique that I haven't learned yet, nor do I want to.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
H
H
I'm with you Moose. I've always managed to get discounts via phone or internet. "If you don't ask, you don't get." The warm fuzzy feeling of knowing I have a room reservation far surpasses the urge to spend hours at several hotels digging for the bottom dollar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.