Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#350074 09/02/09 06:38 PM
L
OP Offline
L
My husband and I will be on Ambergris Caye for 6 nights at Christmas. Please help:

Will snorkel tours and other tours operate on the 25th and 26th?

We are both educators and would like to visit a school...any chance?

Having hosted 4 exchange students, we would like to observe what a typical Christmas day is like in Belize,,are there any homestay programs.. Christmas events not to be missed

we love to snorkel..best snorkel trips??

best tubing in cave trip

thanks will have tons of questions

I've spent many an Xmas on Ambergris Caye. Can't speak to visiting a school, but no other other Xmas day activities have been limited. That said, I spend as many Xmas days, diving the Blue Hole as the weather allows.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

anyone can visit Holy Cross school, whether it is opened or closed - it may not be what you think. here's a few pics my step-son took of Holy Cross school in '08.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

this is right next door, where some of the children live:

[Linked Image]

this and other schools there need donations of supplies. if you have room in your suitcases, please consider bringing down school supplies for the kids.

and by school supplies, we are talking about ANYTHING in your home office you dont use. there's no reason to go buy stuff if you are on a budget....surely we all the same drawer in our desk...full of brand new pens, boxes of paperclips, several calcuators laying around...

oh, and as far as xmas and things being open....its tourist season on a tourist island...they realize you are on vacation and not at home, that you want to do stuff....so stuff you shall do! smile enjoy, and make sure you take a tour in either cart or cab to see all the amazing light displays....Belizeans go ALL OUT!!!

I agree doing the drive around San Pedro and checking out all the different neighborhood decorations a must.

Likely most schools are on vacation at the time if you wanted to go to one still I could inquire. HC often does vacation classes for the kids if there is a volunteer group to help facilitate it.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Yikes, angel, that second pic is pretty scary.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
It's construction materials, we don't have many dumpsters here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.