Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#35023 - 02/19/01 02:19 AM FOR LIVE2FISH
Ralph Offline
We booked JER in November and are traveling April 13. I appreciated your honest comments. Although negative, it appear that things were improving. Just a few questions based on your eye witness account. You mentioned that things were getting better by the time you left. Would you agree that by mid-April they would be 100%? I would think so. Also, how did the place look, asthetically speaking (i.e. flaura, etc.)? We're staying in one of the garden/pool view cabanas? How was the restaurant and food in general..allowing for the shortage issue.
How many canoes, kayaks, etc. did they have? I heard they were getting more. Lastly, on the tour issue. I heard from several sources that the tours from JER were MUCH more than you could get on your own. Did the tours you selected pick you up at JER? who did you use? We're looking to go to Lamani, deep sea, reef and of course, hol chan/shark ray alley. There will be 3 of us (11 year old son).. THANKS!

#35024 - 02/19/01 10:56 PM Re: FOR LIVE2FISH
Karen Pasquariello Offline
I use to work at Journey's End as assistant manager and have been suprised by the comments on how much more the tours are there compared to other places. It didn't use to be that way. I think most boats would pick you up at the Journey's End pier. For Lamanai, I highly recommend Willie Leslie, his email is searious@btl.net
For Deep sea fishing, use to be that only Tom would do that, he has a nice boat for going out into the deep. There may be more that do deep sea fishing now. Tom use to dock his boat at the Journey's End pier. His email is capttom@btl.net Please give him my hello. In regard to snorkeling locally, I would use Steve who has the dive shop at Journey's End. He is a very nice guy and accomodating. Tell him Karen said hi.
Karen Pasquariello

#35025 - 02/20/01 04:00 PM Re: FOR LIVE2FISH
To the reply on JE and condition it will be in. I am arriving JE on Feb 22 for 8nts stay and will let you know how everything was when I get back.

#35026 - 02/20/01 10:45 PM Re: FOR LIVE2FISH
ralph, i never did go on any of the tours, outside of quick snorkel trips, but i had priced them out last august. JE seemed the same as anyone else i looked into, at least back then. i agree with karen, steve at the JE dive shop is good. we only used his shop this trip.

#35027 - 02/21/01 04:07 AM Re: FOR LIVE2FISH
Barefoot Skinny Offline
I think you all need to visit, and get with the times. Things have changed a great deal. The prices at JER are still the same as anyone, but, Capt. Tom doesn't sail the Sea Boots anymore. However, the Sea Boots is still available for deep sea fishing with it's new owner and crew. It sounds like you've done some real home work! (original thread) Keep it up, and you'll be doin' it right!
PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"

#35028 - 02/21/01 08:05 AM Re: FOR LIVE2FISH
Denny Shane Offline
Sorry but I kind of beg to differ.... the prices for various activities are much higher than other places. Fishing is $240, which is much higher than other places. Air transfer from Belize City is $100/$110 round trip. Etc.

#35029 - 02/21/01 04:59 PM Re: FOR LIVE2FISH
denny, i know you would know, but...last august i paid $80 rt from b city, i think the rest covered transfers by boat etc. i didn't price out fishing.

#35030 - 02/21/01 11:59 PM Re: FOR LIVE2FISH
Ralph Offline
Actually, fishing (reef) through JER is $280 (I received a brochure). That's all day for up to 4 people. Lamani is $150 per person.
Every site (tours listed on Ambergris Caye.com is $125. All day Caye Caulker is $55 per person. That's close to most others I've seen. I guess it depends on whats included. I have no problem going through JER..just shopping to see what's out there..I understand the who part is important..as is availability. I'm trying to get a price on a day of deep sea fishing. Sea Boots' web site indicates $125 per person (assuming the boat is full with 8 people). That looks pretty good. Still checking....waiting for replies to my e-mails. Thanks everyone for all the info.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 46 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.