Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
chipper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey all,

I'm a 27 year old male who will be travelling to Belize and AC during the second week in March. Due to plane ticket fares (I booked later than my friends), I'll be arriving in Belize 2 days before the rest of my group (3/8, rather than 3/10).

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to whether I should stay in the Belize City area and do some of the non-AC stuff for those first two days, since we'll all be spending 7 days on AC starting 3/10. Is there enough in the Belize City area (e.g., ruins, rainforests, etc.) to warrant me staying there for 48 hours, or should I head directly to AC and the beaches and diving?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Also - I'm debating between lodging on AC - Tradewind Villas, Sunbreeze, and Coconuts (all have limited availability, but I should be able to get a room in at least one of them). My friends are staying at Ramons and Capt. Morgans (will be diving with those staying at Ramons). Any suggestions for a single traveller who doesn't want to let his budget get *too* out of hand?

Again, thanks in advance for any responses on either or both questions!

B
B
Hi and welcome to your new addiction:-}

Two choices
1] Placencia on the cheap. this area is comotose by AC standards, and if you'd enjoy 2 days of chillin' on the beach, with or without excursions, then do this. A single traveler could do this easily for $100 per day. Airfare is about $100-150 from MUNICIPAL to Placencia. Check board for tips.

B] Jungle lodge or Maya rruins. I would investigate Tikal in Guatamala. A world Class Arcaeological site and adventure. Itinerary would be... Day one--Bze City to Caracol[Ithink] Day two to Tikal and overnight there. Day three plane to Bze city to AC. I would guess $500-600 total including airfare. I've never done this, so it would be my first choice.

Have you ever been to a Mayan ruin? There are also VERY cool sites in BZE.

You could bus to all of these places cheaply, but of course tome is money.

S
S
Or you could go straight to AC and party and play with the locals and us AC wannabe's who will be there. The 8th will be our last day there so you can bet we'll be out and about party'en to our hearts content. Tough Choice!

If you are hanging with the guys staying at Ramon's, you will probably be happier at the Sunbreeze, than the other two locations.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
If I were a solo traveler on a budget, I would stay at Ruby's. The Sunbreeze would be my choice if I had a bit more money and wanted to be close to Ramon's. As for what to do with your extra two days...if I were fit and adventuresome, I would catch a local bus to Caves Branch (www.cavesbranch.com) and do some cave tubing, jungle trekking or the Black Hole Drop. Caves Branch is not as far as San Ignacio, Tikal or Placencia. In fact, it is only about a 90-minute bus ride from Belize City. If all I wanted to do was chill out, I would head directly for AC and get the lay of the land before my friends got there. Either way, you can't lose...

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media
K
K
I totally agree with Susan.

Karen Pasquariello
C
C
Hi Chipper,

I am going to be in Belize March 12-16. I think you should hang out at a cheap hotel and then move in with your friends at Ramons or Cpt Morgans. They both look like great places to stay.

I agree with heading to Tikal. I am going there once I leave AC.

I have never been, but it looks like you can't go wrong with just hanging out and having fun.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.