Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I am a 26 year old single female traveling alone to AC in late March. I am very excited aobut this vacation but feeling a bit nervous as friends and family say, "Alone? Are you crazy!" I am still convinced that the island is a relatively safe place to go and all of the friendly and helpful messages I am reading really reaffirm that. Can anyone suggest what activities (night and day) that someone in my situation might enjoy? I'd definitely like to meet new people, to eat or take day trips with-- but I do not have any expectations.

Also, I have reserved a room at Lilly's for half my stay and Hotel Del Rio for the other half- price, close proximity to town and general appearance were the factors in this decision. Did I make the right choice?

Any words of advice would be really helpful.

Thanks!

P
P
Yes AC IS DEFINITELT SAFE FOR A SOLO TRAVALER-DO SOME SNORKELING AT HOL CHAN AND MEXICO ROCKS ALSO TAKE A BIKE OR CART RIDE TO NORTH OF THE CUT TO CHECK OUT THE RESORTS OUT THAT WAY THERE ARE SOME NICE RESTAURANTS THAT WAY ALSO AND SURE TAKE A MAINLAND TOUR TO A MAYAN RUIN OR SOMETHING AS FAR AS YOUR ROOMS IM SURE YOU WILL BE ALL SET AND JUST WATCH YOURSELF LIKE YOU WOULD ANYWHERE ELSE AND BELIZE IT!!

R
R
WHEN IN MARCH? BECAUSE ILL BE THERE TOO. EMAIL [email protected] OR [email protected]

Well, Being another single I'd offer my services as a bodyguard...but from everything I hear AC is safer than most of the US!!!
Not sure exactly when I'm going, but it will be soon..Mar/Apr
If ya read thru all the older posts you can get a real feel for what to do and expect.
Mark

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
C
C
You are going to love travelling solo! Do what you want, when you want and if you want. It's the only way I travel and I always meet a lot of people and have a great time.

Keep me posted on the fun stuff.

btw, I get the same reaction from friends, they think I'm brave going alone - secretly, I think it's envy!

C
C
Hi,

I am going March 12-16 and am also going single. I have heard from a lot of people that it is pretty safe. Where are you staying??? DO you scuba??? Let me know if you need a roommate. I was nervous at first travelling alone, especially since I am making a trip to Tikal, but I think it will be fine, it is the busy season so there will be a lot of people around.

G
G
I will be down solo for the 4th time on 3/22--you will love it! As long as you keep a smile on your face and remember that it is not the U.S., you will have a great time. I always meet people on scuba/snorkeling trips, and end up partying with these people later when I see them at Fido's/BC's/Coconuts/Palapa, etc. As long you use some common sense (you know, big girls out walking after dark stuff), you will be fine!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.