Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
samray Offline OP
OP Offline
S
For those of you who have not signed up the for the Poker Run, let me answer some questions that have been frequently asked.

1. No running involved, except maybe to the bathroom.
2. Collect cards at each stop, no poker experience necessary, best 5 cards at the last stop wins. (No gambling involved, purely luck.)
3. $20 BZE Buy In with a purchase at each stop (8) has the chance to win the money ($1040 BZE if we get 52 players)
4. It is a glorified Pub Crawl with prizes throughout the run.
5. What else have you got to do on September 19th?

Call 670-3997 to pre-register.

Only a few spaces left - lets go all you Pub Crawlers....This will be a lot of fun!!!!!

B
B
Sounds like fun. Where are the 8 stops and what kind of purchase needs to be made. Sorry for the questions but never done a poker run.

S
samray Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Cant tell you the stops....they are in reasonable order though. You will be told the first stop upon registration....show your registration ticket at first stop, purchase anything...pop, beer, cigs, food etc.....you will then be given a sealed envelope with a playing card...and that envelope will tell you your next stop.

Hope that helps...

B
B
I've been on many Poker Runs and don't understand the secrecy with this one. The ones I've been involved with as a participant and or host on occasion always were for some charity and when advertised never required a preregistration. Usually there were 5 stops involved (for a 5card draw hand) which could be restaurants, gas stations or bars where each individual drew a card and most likely would spend a few bucks on a drink or snack and in doing so support that business as well as the charity. Everyone involved would be happy to promote the event and guaranty a nice turnout.

S
samray Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This is just for fun. Glorified pub crawl, but with prizes for the people spending the money. The people who are always supporting Belize with donations and supporting places locally deserve to win prizes too.

What fun is it if you know which bar is involved, thats not secrecy, thats part of the fun. The cards are in sealed envelopes as it is pure luck, no gambling.

We wanted to include more than just 5 bars, to support slow season. I have been asked to add more places but will change locations next time, so that anyone can be involved, if they want to. Just because it is done a certain way somewhere else doesnt mean we have to do it that way all the time.

Anyways it's $20 belize and for fun and pre-registration told us what the total prize money would be. For those who have signed up, I thank you, the bars thank you and lets go have fun on Saturday and win some prizes.

Last edited by samray; 09/14/09 10:22 AM.
Sounds like fun smile

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

G
G
I like it, Just wont be there in time...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.