Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by Tim Callanan
We were having a hard time getting reception,thought the antenna was bad.Then we took a pie plate and made out of aluminum and put antenna in middle and now works GREAT.The plate works as a larger (antenna)dish, very easy quick and cheap.Works like a charm!

I would love it if you could post or send me a picture of this set up. This sounds really cool! Thanks!

T
T
Maybe cool for you, but; .............sure. Its not going to be pretty! Actually I would not sacrifice a pie plate(Teena makes great pie).I used a square meat loaf type and bent like a football and aimed.

JZB Offline
I'm going to try that! My XM signal is horrible 5 months out of the year.

JZB #351857 09/18/09 11:33 AM
T
T
You will be so happy that you did! I get 2-3 bars no fading.I just put the square antenna inside and wella, you still have to point.Remember you need to give 20 seconds time after each adjustment (signal has latency).I was originally going to do this with an old satellite and put in middle,then figured try this simple idea first before hauling my old huge old star band dish up there.You can't fail,its easy.Have not adjusted mine since.

When you start wearing a homemade foil hat I will begin to worry!

T
T
I read somewhere, a guy from (I think) Alaska used a old starband dish to get reception by placing antenna the same way. That was where I got the inspiration. Tell me the fading does not eat away at ya in the middle of a good tune!
Amanda, see you at the New years Bash with my stylish hat wink .

My little small black antenna that came with the radio works fine on the roof of my house without any interruptions and no added bits to aid it. It is pointed north. Same goes for my grandson's radio. When he first moved in to his little house he just threw the antenna out on the ground and it worked fine, but he now has it up on the roof .We get no interruptions and perfect reception.

natalie p #351891 09/18/09 07:14 PM
T
T
maybe as they get older?????

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.