Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#352110 09/21/09 08:31 AM
G
OP Offline
G
What is the ideal relationship between parents and children? This relationship should be more severe, parents imposing their terms automatically, or should it be a friendship? In the latter case, if the child benefit from parents' indulgence and do something stupid? I know that the situation varies from case to case, but I speak in general. My husband and I get ready to be parents again, we want to adopt for the first time, and therefore we want more opinions. So, what do you think?

heart

Last edited by green1706; 09/21/09 08:32 AM.

Love my kids
D
D
What ever you do not teach them to talk.

R
R
green, In my opinion your goal should be to raise (train) a child to be independent. This means education both academic and common sense or in the later case at least social skills. Not doing too much for them can be difficult but very necessary. Leading by good example is important and what we used to do is insist that everyone be at the supper table with TV and other distractions shut off. Let that be your special few minutes a day to talk.

Last piece of advice. If you want a friend, get a dog. Good Luck, there is no greater responsibility than raising children and thank God I'm done with that. Great to look back on but it's a lot of work and can be an ify thing even if you do everything right.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
I have my opinions on the "friendship" role of parents, but the concept is so relative, I'd only be soapboxing. That doesn't help anyone.

You say "again." Times can change, but in general, did your other child(ren) turn out well? If so, trust your instincts.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
IMHO,
Be fair but strict when they are children(strict does not mean inflexible). Friendships will grow as they become adults.
(Have three boys now 41, 39, and 32 who will not go away - just kidding wouldnt want them to. If you are lucky and do it just right they will marry people as "nice" as them and you will grow old with a smile on your face).

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

E
E
That wasnt EVEN funny

Just press "4", E! And it was too!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
Your opinion .

here's another..........................Grump wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.