Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35238 02/25/01 11:32 PM
J
OP Offline
J
We're coming to Belize from Aug 16-Sept 6, 24 days. We want to eat a lot of lobster, and go diving for them too. Spending about 6 days at AG, then going to Cayo district for about 5 days, then going to Placencia for 6 days, then back to caye caulker for a week. Best places, any suggestions, is there such a thing as charter lobster fishing? Thanks for any help.
*********ALSO (NEW)

I don't know how to reply( new to these BB's)

I am going with my girlfriend, we're both going to be 21. Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by jrobgray (edited 02-26-2001).]

word.
#35239 02/26/01 02:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i was on AC last august. you will love it, and the cayo, i was there in '93, it is awesome. i havnet been down south. without sounding like your mom, BRING AS MUCH BUG SPRAY AS YOU CAN PACK, DON'T FORGET BENEDRYL CREAM, AND AFTERBITE. we were eaten alive last august. i am very jealous, as i would love to spend 24 days there. lobster was good almost everywhere i ate it [Linked Image]

#35240 02/26/01 02:57 PM
S
S
Jane, that horse you're beating is DEAD! Time to bury it. You happened to be here during a freak occurance when the mosquitos were very bad... the worst in years. And you stayed at a resort that didn't do the usual pest control which keeps the bugs down. Ambergris Caye is less buggy than much of the USA.

#35241 02/26/01 06:24 PM
M
M
You speak the truth, Jesse. We too were warned about bugs, primarily from tourist books. There's nothing wrong with packing a little bug dope and some afterbite, but bugs have not been an issue on any of our trips. For real mosquito action you need to come up to Northern Minnesota. We hunt 'em with 12 gauge shotguns, fillet and fry 'em up. mmmm-mmmm! But really, the bugs on our trips to Belize, including trips into the mainland, have been tolerable at worst. Found some no-seeums on a few mornings in Caulker, but nothing serious. Re: sunshine- I've had to wear a shade providing hat to avoid feeling a little queezy after a day of outdoor adventure. And I ain't no woose. ;-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.